Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8502-VERTHI-002
Workplace : ORSAY
Date of publication : Thursday, October 10, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 7 months
Expected date of employment : 1 November 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : from 2 700.00 € to be defined according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The recruited scientist will work on the development of innovative ultrafast dynamics experiments in the domain of condensed matter. These developments will be related to femtosecond dynamics activities (photoemission, reflectivity, diffraction, magneto-optical Kerr effect), both in the laboratory and on large scale installations. He/she will work in interaction with the physicists of the laboratory, and will contribute with his/her skills to the operation and optimization of laser systems (both pulsed and cw).
- Responsible for all or part of experimental setups for the study of ultrafast dynamics in condensed matter
- In charge of lasers and related setups: development, optimization, operation
- Managing development projects concerning the technical features of the setups: i.e. repetition rate, frequency doubling, extension to the terahertz domain, supercontinuum....
- Managing instrumentation developments, in interaction with engineers and technicians of the laboratory, in complementary domains (electronics, mechanics, cryogenics...)
- Analyzing scientific challenges and finding the corresponding instrumental specifications
- Verifying and qualifying experimental setups at various levels.
- Advising in the domain of pump-probe time-resolved techniques
- Presenting, publishing and diffusing the results
- Monitoring technological developments
- Excellent knowledge of physics for the specific domains: condensed matter, ultrafast dynamics
- Very good knowledge of the principles and implementation of experimental techniques involving optics and lasers
- Hands on experience in pump-probe techniques
- Good knowledge of informatics tools and software for experimental developments
- Knowledge of safety rules for working with laser radiation
- language skills: English (read, spoken, written) B2 level
- Internal and external training can be conceived if needed (electron spectroscopy, diffraction, ultra-high vacuum, ...)
Laboratoire de Physique des Solides is a CNRS-Université Paris Sud Mixed Research Unity with a staff of 250 people. Its scientific activity covers a large part of condensed matter within an interdisciplinary context. The laboratory is located on the Moulon plateau of the Orsay campus, in a 12500 m2 recently renovated building. It hosts many experimental facilities, some of them available to all lab members and also to external teams.
The recruited Scientist will carry out his/her activity under the supervision of a scientific advisor. He/she will work on experimental setups in the laboratory but also on large scale installations, like for instance the Attolab facility with the FastMap pump-probe ARPES setup.
We talk about it on Twitter!