Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7645-MANJOF-001
Workplace : PALAISEAU
Date of publication : Thursday, April 15, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 3145 and 3881 € gross monthly salary, depending on previous postdoctoral experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
You will contribute to the MIRThyX project (https://portail.polytechnique.edu/lob/en/mirthyx), a collaboration between Laboratoire d'Optique et Biosciences (LOB) at Ecole Polytechnique, Laboratoire Charles Fabry (LCF) at Institut d'Optique, and Amplitude Laser (AL). The proposed postdoctoral project, entitled 2DIR femtosecond spectroscopy in flavoenzymes, will address the local structural changes of the flavoenzyme ThyX upon binding of substrates or inhibitors. ThyX, a bacterial alternative to canonical Thymidylate Synthase ThyA, has been identified as a promising antimicrobial target. Unnatural amino acids, acting as local vibrational markers, will be inserted at specific sites of the protein in order to provide a combined spatial and temporal resolution. The application of 2DIR spectroscopy to this system will be only possible thanks to the advent of hig-repetition-rate diode-pumped lasers making possible the generation of highly-stable MIR femtosecond pulses.
- Contribution to the preparation of ThyX proteins substituted with non natural amino acids
- MIR pump-probe spectroscopy in ThyX using a 1-kHz Ti:Sa amplifier
- Demonstration of a fast-scanning 2DIR spectrometer
- Contribution to the characterization of MIR pulses generated at 125 kHz
- 2DIR spectroscopy in ThyX using a new 125-kHz MIR source
- PhD in physics (or related discipline) at the starting date
- Previous experience in ultrafast spectroscopy and/or nonlinear optics
- Fluency in at least one language (python, Matlab, etc.) suitable for experiment control and data analysis
- Motivation for pluridisciplinary research, including a participation to the preparation of substituted proteins (after appropriate training if necessary).
Laboratoire d'Optique et Biosciences (LOB) benefits from a cross-disciplinary environment where physicits and biologists work together in order to address relevant issues in biology through the development of new optical methods. In this context, the MIRThyX project is conducted in a collaboration between the host team at LOB (Adeline Bonvalet, Manuel Joffre, Hubert Becker, Hannu Myllykallio et al.), LCF (Frédéric Druon, Marc Hanna et al.) and Amplitude Laser (Yoann Zaouter et al.). The preparation of substituted proteins and MIR experiments at 1 kHz will take place at LOB whereas experiments using the 125-kHz MIR source will take place at LCF. The two laboratories are distant from a few hundred meters.
Constraints and risks
Due to the use of class-IV lasers, standard safety procedures will have to be followed, including the use of laser safety glasses.
- The application file will consist of a detailed Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter (including a short summary of your research experience), and the names and e-mails of 2 or 3 scientists that can be contacted for reference letters.
- Due to social charges, the net monthly salary will be between 2528 and 3132 €, depending on previous research experience.
- Depending on the applicant availability, the starting date can be delayed until early 2022.
- For more information, please consult https://portail.polytechnique.edu/lob/en/mirthyx.
We talk about it on Twitter!