Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5822-FLOJAC-027
Workplace : VILLEURBANNE
Date of publication : Thursday, December 10, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between € 2,600 and € 3,600 gross monthly depending on experience.
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The candidate will develop the design and implementation of a code related to scientific activities developed in the COSMOS group. The group has expertise in the observation and mapping of the local universe, from which analyzes of the dynamics of structures arise: reconstruction of density and velocity fields, tessellation of space into gravitational watersheds. The work will be to scale up these methods in order to apply them to measurements made by the Euclid satellite.
• Develop the software allowing to integrate the measurements provided by the Euclid satellite and to ensure their processing to extract from them the quantities necessary for cosmological analyzes: velocity and density field, cosmic-web, large structures, f sigma_8;
• Define and guarantee the maintenance strategy for the codes developed;
• Define the strategy and validation and qualification tests for studies and performance reviews of the software developed;
• Organize project definition and progress reviews, define and monitor key points, integrate recommendations from review groups.
• In-depth knowledge of data in observational cosmology;
• Mastering one or more methods of analysis or mathematical processing specific to galaxy clustering (reconstruction methods, two-point correlation function, tessellation, void finder, etc.);
• Mastering techniques for optimizing scientific computing;
• In-depth knowledge of the design of complex systems, performance analyzes and optimization strategies for architectures;
• Master the methods and techniques of high-level software design and specification as part of a collaborative project;
• Master the general programming languages (C, C ++ and python);
• Excellent ability to communicate and work in a team (in French and English).
IP2IL is involved in the preparation of the Euclid space mission, piloted by ESA, which is scheduled for launch in September 2022. Activities are mainly focused on the Science Ground Segment. And the team wants to prepare its scientific analyzes of the data from this project. In this context, a code for the reconstruction and / or analysis of Redshift Space Distortions, large structures and / or voids will be developed within the Science Working Group Galaxy Clustering.
We talk about it on Twitter!