Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5821-CHRVEL-080
Workplace : GRENOBLE
Date of publication : Monday, December 14, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 May 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2648.79 euros gross per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
ATLAS postdoc at LPSC Grenoble : Search for dark QCD phenomena and machine learning for hadronic jets.
Prepare and perform the search for dark hadrons with the ATLAS detector.
Develop advanced deep neural network techniques to improve the performances of hadronic jet reconstruction.
Contribute actively to the DarkQCD analysis with ATLAS
• Develop codes and analysis procedures such as signal identification using the characteristics of « dark jets »
• Explore and understand DarkQCD models, their experimental signatures and complementarity
Contribute to hadronic jets performance studies within ATLAS JetEtmiss group
• Develop and test advanced neural networks to calibrate and/or identify dark jets
In both activities, work will also involve
• Presenting and discussing results in ATLAS working groups
• Writing of internal and/or public document
• Collaborating with the LPSC members and students
Solid knowledge of the Standard Model of particle physics
Excellent experience in experimental and/or phenomenological analysis in particle physics
Experience in statistical analysis, C++ and python programing or machine learning would be a significant asset
The laboratoire de Physique Subatomique et de Cosmologie de Grenoble (LPSC) (http://lpsc.in2p3.fr) is a research and education unit under CNRS-IN2P3, Université Grenoble Alpes (UGA) and Grenoble INP school, grouping an average 230 working personnals.
The post-doc will be assigned to the ATLAS team composed of 10 researchers and teacher-researchers, 1 post-doc and 2 PhD students, and will be placed under the direct hierarchical authority of the team leader
We talk about it on Twitter!