Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8607-BRUMOA-004
Workplace : ORSAY
Date of publication : Monday, September 02, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 November 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Starting from 1970 euros (gross monthly salary) according to experience
Desired level of education : 2-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The engineering assistant will participate in the definition of thermal and mechanical sensors in accordance with the specifications of the ATLAS semiconductor detector measurement bench.
He/she will be responsible for the supply, assembly and development of sensors as part of the project instrumentation group's day-to-day activities in the laboratory.
The measurement bench will eventually be the validation and quality control device for the mechanical components before their final installation in the experimental cavern.
1. assist in the development of test and measurement benches to validate materials and assembly techniques for cooling structures.
Select and write specifications for temperature, stress and humidity probes, as well as their supply and acceptance tests.
3. contribute to the assembly of mechanical components and the integration of probes, which requires a wiring and assembly method adapted to the quantities to be measured... In particular, tin solder connections are part of this integration process.
4. commission the data acquisition system by controlling the dissipated thermal power, capacity and cooling temperature of the CO2 circuit integrated into the structure.
5. characterize the mechanical behaviour, thermal, insulation and conductivity performance of the composite plates that support the silicon modules and the hermetic enclosure.
6. analyse the results obtained and compare the critical values with the analytical/digital calculations with the drafting of summary reports in order to guide the Design Office towards materials and assembly techniques optimized to the needs of the experiment.
- Mastery of at least one necessary data acquisition system (labview or equivalent)
- Handling of electronic components and tin soldering are a valued asset
- Mastery of data acquisition systems such as labview
will be appreciated
- Motivation, autonomy, initiative and
- Good interpersonal skills with colleagues and laboratories
- Fluency in English will be appreciated in our international scope of work
The Linear Accelerator Laboratory is a 300-person research laboratory located on the Orsay campus (91), whose scientific activity, essentially international, focuses on particle and astroparticle physics and the construction of accelerators and detectors.
The engineer assistant (M/F) will be assigned to the Mechanical Technology Development Department (SDTM) and will be placed under the hierarchical authority of the SDTM manager at LAL-Orsay. He/she will work daily with the ATLAS-HGTD project team in integration and mechanical instrumentation.
Constraints and risks
Occasional activities in an ISO-7 clean room are to be planned.
He/she will also be required to carry out missions lasting several days in the partner laboratories in France and at CERN in Switzerland.
BTS, DUT in physical measurements, instrumentation.
For the candidates whose files will be selected, interviews will take place at the end of August/beginning of September.
We talk about it on Twitter!