Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8507-FLOOSS-002
Workplace : GIF SUR YVETTE
Date of publication : Friday, July 31, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 15 September 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2700 and 3000 euros gross monthly according to experience
Desired level of education : Higher than 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The mission is part of the IBIS "Intelligent Battery Integrated System" project, supported by ADEME as part of the future investment program, coordinated by the PSA Group, and of which GeePs is a partner. The goal of the IBIS project is to develop an innovative inverter-charger-battery assembly marking a major break with conventional traction chains. It should reduce the cost of manufacturing the vehicle, optimize the volume of the power converter and the entire drivetrain and also provide additional degrees of freedom for the design and optimization of traction electrice machines.
In this context, the recruited person will participate in the analysis of the life cycle of a vehicle equipped with the IBIS battery compared to a vehicle equipped with a conventional Li-ion battery. She will be in charge of the development and operation of the models necessary for the life cycle analysis, in relation with the project partners.
- Development of a simulation model to estimate the environmental impact of battery operation
- Analysis of energy consumption over cycles representative of the uses of an EV (journeys and auxiliary charges),
- Analysis of possible second life uses (stationary applications).
- Comparison between the IBIS system and a conventional battery
- Written and oral summary of the work carried out (scientific reports writing and presentation of the results to the project partners)
- Autonomous work, but in relation with the partners involved in the task
- Multi-physical modeling of electrical energy systems and in particular batteries and electric traction chains
- Energy control and management in electrical systems and electric vehicles
- Statistical analysis methods
- Scientific programming
- Ability to conduct independent research.
- Oral and written communication skills
The GeePs Laboratory (UMR 8507) - Electrical and electronic engineering of Paris or Group of electrical engineering, Paris was created on January 1, 2015, resulting from the merger of the Electrical Engineering Laboratory of Paris and three research teams of Supélec ( Electrotechnics and Energy Systems, Electronic Systems, Electromagnetism). The Laboratory of Electronics and Electromagnetism (Sorbonne University) joined the GeePs on January 1, 2020.
The GeePs laboratory has a staff of around one hundred tenured people. Its supervisors are the CNRS, CentraleSupélec, Paris-Saclay and Sorbonne Université.
Research is organized around three poles: "electronics", "energy" and "materials". The person recruited will join the "energy" pole, which vocation is to develop methods and tools to design, model, control and optimize electrical and electronic energy systems in order to broaden the fields of use of these systems (aircraft more electric, low-carbon vehicle, smart-grids, etc.) by meeting the challenges arising from constraints on applications. Among these, we can mention mainly:
• Improved performance,
• Integration (compactness, miniaturization, etc.),
• The reduction of masses,
• Cost reduction,
• Improving reliability (detection, protection, etc.).
The candidate will be part of the IBIS project team which brings together French strategic industrialists linked to the development of electromobility (Groupe PSA, SAFT-TOTAL, E2CAD and Sherpa Engineering) and leading electrical engineering laboratories (GeePs, SATIE, LePMI and Institut Lafayette). As such, the candidate should have very good teamwork skills.
We talk about it on Twitter!