Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8214-WUTCHI-001
Workplace : ORSAY
Date of publication : Thursday, December 20, 2018
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 3007,31 and 3615,11 euros/month (gross salary, depending on experience)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The postdoctoral fellow will explore the vibrational properties of small carboxylic acids by means of bidimensional infrared spectroscopy. The aim is to understand the role of hydrogen-bonding, structural change within clusters of acids and how vibrational dynamics is influenced.
- help developing the bidimensional IR spectroscopy setup
- combine it with a cryogenic device
- make samples in solution and in cryogenic solids
- caracterise the systems by linear and bidimensional IR spectroscopy
- analyse the data
- interact with theoreticians
The applicant should hold a PhD in physics or chemical physics for no more than 5 years. The job is suited for an "experimentalist". Requirements as followed:
- very good knowledge in optics, molecular physics
- good knowledge in laser spectroscopy, quantum chemistry
- skills in high-vacuum techniques
- experience in nonlinear optics and programming in Matlab and/or Labview is an asset
The postdoctoral fellow will work at ISMO (UMR8214) in SYSIPHE group -"Structure and dYnamics of complex Isolated and PHotoExcited Systems".
ISMO, "Institut des Sciences Moléculaires d'Orsay" is part of Université Paris-Sud, Orsay, ~20 km south of Paris.
Constraints and risks
Hasards linked lasers, vacuum techniques, chemicals (limited).
We talk about it on Twitter!