Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7275-VALBRI-002
Workplace : VALBONNE
Date of publication : Monday, January 28, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2097.64€ and 2674.49€ charged per month depending of background
Desired level of education : 4-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The bioinformatician engineer will contribute to the development, implementation and support of software and computational pipelines, with the mission to translate raw genomics data into meaningful observations to biologists. His/her role will be focused on supporting robust and production scale pipelines that are run by the platform. The activity of the engineer will be centered mainly on bulk and single cell transcriptomic studies, in the context of UCA GenomiX platform, a component of the national infrastructure France Génomique.
- Develop, implement and maintain automated high-throughput sequencing bioinformatics pipelines.
- Provide bioinformatics support, assist collaborators in data analysis and check the validity of experimental results.
- Improve continuously the standards of the platform by implementing cutting edge tools, running them into production, and supporting the development of new NGS based services.
- Ensure the platform is adopting global best practices
You will have the following key skills and attributes:
- MSc or higher degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related fields
- Experience with analysis of next-generation sequencing data
- Experience with Linux command line environment
- Experience in data analysis using R/Bioconductor
- Excellent problem solving abilities and strong attention to details
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and/or in French
The hired bioinformatics software engineer will have a strong background in computer science, next-generation sequencing data analysis and a passion for learning about genomics.
Located at IPMC, in Sophia Antipolis, UCAGenomiX (http://www.genomique.info) is the functional genomics platform of Université Côte d'Azur. The platform is one of the core nodes of “France Génomique”, the French infrastructure for next generation sequencing (https://www.france-genomique.org). UCAGenomiX drives actively the development in single cell sequencing approaches within the infrastructure. UCAGenomiX works in close relationship with P. Barbry's team, who performs one of the 38 pilot projects of the Human Cell Atlas funded by the Chan Zuckerberg Foundation (https://chanzuckerberg.com/human-cell-atlas).
IPMC (Institut de Pharmacologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire) is a center of excellence in biology funded by CNRS and the University of Nice. Its 230 scientists, students and support staff work on the identification of key molecular and cellular mechanisms that contribute to multiple human diseases (https://www.ipmc.cnrs.fr). IPMC recruits the best professionals for its core facilities in genomics, bioinformatics, flow cytometry, and cellular imaging. With a strong expertise, the support teams of these different facilities are instrumental for the cutting edges researches performed at IPMC, driven by the dynamic culture and innovation spirit of Sophia-Antipolis.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- Your resume including at least 2 referees that will be contacted independently
- Copies of relevant qualifications / academic transcripts
We talk about it on Twitter!