Intitulé de l'offre : Post-doctoral internship on the use of highly reductive and colored photoactivated copper(I) complexes in organic photochemistry (M/W) (H/F)
Référence : UMR6230-YANPEL-005
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : NANTES
Date de publication : lundi 16 octobre 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Scientifique
Durée du contrat : 10 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 8 janvier 2024
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : from 2934 to 3364 euros per month before taxes
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 8 - (Doctorat)
Expérience souhaitée : 1 à 4 années
Section(s) CN : Molecular architectures: syntheses, mechanisms and properties
The candidate's (M/W) tasks will be:
- to synthesize phenanthroline ligands and associated photosensitive copper complexes
- to conduct photochemistry experiments under mild irradiation
- to implement photo-induced C-C and C-P coupling reactions
- to participate to the construction of a flow NMR device; use of the latter for mechanistic studies.
The activities will focus on
- organic synthesis and coordination chemistry, including classical purification and characterization steps (mass, NMR)
- cyclic voltammetry to characterize the electronic ground states of photosensitive copper complexes.
- UV-Visible and fluorescence spectroscopy to characterize the excited electronic states of photosensitive copper complexes.
- gas chromatography and NMR monitoring of photochemical reactions.
- installation of flow NMR tubes in cooperation with Bruker
The person recruited (M/W) must hold a PhD in chemistry. He or she should have experience and practice in organic and/or coordination chemistry, including purification and classical characterization methods (chromatography, NMR, GC, mass...). Experience in photocatalysis and physical chemistry would be advantageous. A good knowledge of English is recommended. The successful candidate must be able to manage a project independently, be able to report to his/her supervisors on his/her work, be able to promote and argue his/her work, be open-minded and dynamic, and have the team spirit to work with the other students in the project and take part in the group's regular meetings.
Contexte de travail
The research project is in the field of organic photochemistry. Here, photosensitizers are used to activate chemical reactions. Often, these are heavy-metal-based chemical species that are expensive, toxic and not very renewable. Our aim is to replace these non-renewable chemical species with copper complexes whose performance is particularly promising. The research will be supervised by Drs. Yann Pellegrin, Errol Blart and Clémence Queffélec at CEISAM. The NMR and spectroscopy platforms will be accessible throughout the project.
Contraintes et risques
The project involves risks associated with the handling of aromatic chemicals, and their characterization (NMR, therefore intense magnetic fields). The use of low-intensity light sources (LED) is planned. The candidate (M/W) will therefore be required to wear the usual chemical work protection in all circumstances: gown, glasses, gloves and, if necessary, smoked-glass goggles.
the candidate (M/W) should not have experience above 2 years after the PhD defence.