Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5822-FLOJAC-001
Workplace : VILLEURBANNE
Date of publication : Friday, January 11, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 February 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2,550 to 3,500 gross monthly, depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The postdoc candidate will join the MaNoir team from the IPNL including 2 professors, 2 associate professors and 2 CNRS research scientists. The team works jointly on the two following projects: EDELWEISS - searching for low mass dark matter - and Ricochet - dedicated to low-energy neutrino physics. The postdoc candidate will focus on the future Ricochet experiment aiming for a percentage-level measurement of the coherent elastic neutrino-nucleus scattering process at low energy. The postdoc candidate will focus on cryogenic detector R&D and on the science potential of the future Ricochet experiment.
- R&D dedicated to charge collection and electromagnetic background rejection in cryogenic semiconductor detectors
- Operating cryogenic detectors in the dry dilution cryostat at the IPNL, including detector installation, data acquisition and data analysis
- Phenomenological studies dedicated to the low-energy neutrino physics program of Ricochet
- Scientific paper writing and publication
- Presentation at various scientific conferences and workshops
- Student mentoring on each of the activities liste above
- Good knowledge of astro-particle physics, detection methods and cryogenic detector techniques
- Good knowledge of experimental techniques related to particle detection, data acquisition and data analysis
- Good communication skills and significant experience in paper writing
- Excellent team work and demonstration of independent thinking
The IPNL is a UMR CNRS / IN2P3 and University © Claude Bernard Lyon 1 composed of about 225 people including about 160 permanent on the campus of the Doua in Villeurbanne (69). It is organized in the form of thematic research axes: the physics of quarks and leptons, astroparticles, nuclear and hadronic physics, theory, radiation sciences divided into 14 research groups and 9 technical and administrative services.
The postdoc candidate will work closely with the various technical services of the IPNL (mechanics, electronics, computing and instrumentation) in the context of his/her effort related to the cryogenic detector R&D.
Constraints and risks
The postdoc candidate is expected to be traveling on a regular basis within France and abroad to attend to the Ricochet collaboration meetings and to present his/her results at various international conferences and workshops. No work related risks are envisioned.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, a CV, a research report and a publication list in a single pdf file via the emploi.cnrs.fr website. In addition, they are invited to send 3 letters of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
The contract start date may be postponed until May 1, 2019 if needed.
The deadline to apply is January 15, 2019.
We talk about it on Twitter!