Reference : UMR5600-PATGIL-046
Workplace : LYON 07
Date of publication : Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 16 August 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : btw 2690 and 3821 euros gross mensuels, depending on professional experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Production, processing and analysis of thermal imagery data, within the framework of a collaboration and research contract between the PNR des Bauges, SCIMABIO Interface and the CNRS, having for object the study of the role of the turquoise screen in the safeguarding and the restoration of the thermal refuges for the salmonids, joint program on the Chéran and the Guiers.
- Processing of remote sensing data acquired during field campaigns;
- Analysis and interpretation of surface temperature data and orthophotos for the detection, characterization and definition of potential thermal refuges in rivers;
- Writing of scientific reports;
- Participation in the various project deliverables: reports, debriefing meetings and seminars.
* Education and professional experience desired:
- PhD in fluvial geomorphology
- Specialization in remote sensing and particularly in thermal imaging
* Knowledge of techniques applied to the field, operational know-how
- Airborne thermal imaging
- Project management
- Processing and analysis of thermal images
- Analysis and interpretation of results
- Writing of scientific reports
* Computer tools / software to be used
- Data acquisition software (proprietary software of the different sensors)
- Agisoft Metashape, use for thermal images
- QGIS and other GIS tools
- R and package suites
* Language skills
- Good knowledge of scientific English
* Experience in project management
- Minimum of a few months of project management experience
* Writing skills
- Ability to write scientific reports and articles in English
* Ability to work in a team
- Ability to dialogue, ability to be part of a team
* Ability to integrate the rules and work processes of a research team specialized in geosciences:
- respect of the rules of behavior in the field,
- respect of the instructions for the work in laboratory,
- Respect of the instructions specific to the research programs,
- Respect for the sanitary rules of the host institution.
* Autonomy, organizational skills and ability to report
The work is carried out in autonomy, after clarification of the instructions and objectives by the scientific manager. The agent must be able to organize all of his or her work with a view to efficiency, rigor and accuracy of the work produced. He/she must report on the progress of his/her work to the scientific manager and to all the actors of the research project.
The activity will be carried out partly within the component EVS-ENS of Lyon of the laboratory "Environnement Ville Société" (CNRS - UMR5600 : 150 researchers and permanent administrative staff, 180 PhD students), and partly within the company SCIMABIO-Interface, 403 rue de la Gare, 74200 ALLINGES (France).
Constraints and risks
no specific constraints
it is specified that this recruitment offer is part of the "France Relance" Plan on a joint research collaboration project with a company (SCIMABIO-Interfaces), and that it will be submitted to the Regional Academic Delegation for Research and Innovation (in French: DRARI) for validation.
We talk about it on Twitter!