Reference : UMR5254-SOPPUY-057
Workplace : PAU
Date of publication : Monday, September 19, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 23 months
Expected date of employment : 15 November 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2 805.35€ gross monthly
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The postdoc position is in the field of analytical chemistry research. The main missions will concern the use of laser ablation technique coupled with inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (LA-ICP-MS) for the detection of nanomaterials developed specifically for the healthcare sector. Secondary missions will include handling of inert biological samples.
In a highly multidisciplinary context at the interface between analytical chemistry, nanoscience and microbiology, the main activities will concern:
- The Detection of metal nanoparticles in interactions with microorganisms by laser ablation ICP-MS
- The Characterization of biological samples by ICP-MS and LA-ICP-MS spectrometry
- It may also be requested the functionalization and characterization of nanoparticles (size and concentration distribution) of nanoparticles in solution by ICP-MS (Single Particle-ICP-MS).
- Writing of scientific articles on the results obtained
- Expert in ICP-MS
- Expert in LA-ICP-MS
- Additional knowledge in the synthesis and functionalization of nanoparticles will be appreciated. - Editorial quality
- Good command of the English language
The Institute of Analytical Sciences and Physico-Chemistry of the Environment and Materials (IPREM) is a Joint Research Unit CNRS/UPPA/E2S (UMR 5254) bringing together more than 200 researchers, teacher-researchers and engineers. The members of IPREM are interested in the development of fundamental knowledge in physico-chemistry, analytical chemistry and microbiology, in relation to applications concerning the structure of life, environmental management and the functional properties of different classes of materials. Their skills are based on strategies of analysis, modeling, physico-chemical approaches, detailed studies of structures and reactivity, development, characterization and implementation at different scales. They make it possible to display an original positioning in the field of applications in many industrial sectors both nationally and internationally. The position is part of the ANR PRCI Nanoscape project bringing together the IPREM Institute, the Angers University Hospital, the Lannemezan Hospital and the Diaclone company (Medix biochemica) to develop new methods for high-sensitivity detection of bacteria.
For more information, please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Constraints and risks
No contraints or risks
We talk about it on Twitter!