Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMS3598-ARIALL-013
Workplace : AUBERVILLIERS
Date of publication : Monday, September 14, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 November 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Remuneration between 2139 and 2727 euros gross monthly depending on experience
Desired level of education : 3-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
Recruited by the TGIR Huma-Num, the European Project Officer will work 50% for the Huma-Num and 50% for the European research infrastructure DARIAH (Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities - https://www.dariah.eu/).
The missions will be distributed accordingly:
- 50% to assist the national coordinators of the 19 countries participating in the DARIAH infrastructure in their various national missions (administration, finance, communication, etc.). The officer will also be assigned the mission of implementing the new strategy of DARIAH in terms of relationship with its "Cooperating Partners".
- 50% for Huma-Num, to participate in the international activity of the unit, particularly around the European infrastructure DARIAH (e.g. participation in the European project SSHOC).
50% DARIAH: Animating the network of national coordinators
- Organizing and coordinating, in close liaison with the National Coordinators Committee (NCC) leaders, the activities of the group (meetings, working groups, etc.).
- Ensuring the link between the National Coordinators and the central structure of DARIAH.
- Assistance in formalizing and implementing activities at the national level (contributions, events, training, resources, data collection for performance indicators, etc.).
- Contact and information person for national coordinators for the different activities being developed in DARIAH (Working Groups, DARIAH Campus, DH Course Registry, etc.).
- Assisting new members in their integration into DARIAH (Cooperating Partners, Accession Countries, etc.)
- Ensuring the follow-up of relations with Cooperating Partners and accompanying them on the path to full membership through targeted actions (e.g. organization of DARIAH Day, meeting with identified contacts, etc.).
- Presenting DARIAH and its network at conferences and information meetings
50% Huma-Num: Participating in the unit's general international activity
The TGIR Huma-Num is engaged in a wide range of international activities (Cf. https://www.huma-num.fr/international) to which the person recruited will be associated at the national level in continuity with his/her European activity in the DARIAH infrastructure. In particular the recruited person will provide support for the French participation in the construction of European infrastructures (notably DARIAH) in close relation with the national communities.
In this framework, the recruited person will also participate in the activities of the SSHOC project (https://sshopencloud.eu) which aims to develop components for SSH in the EOSC (European Open Sciences Cloud https://www.eosc-portal.eu/). The SSHOC project tasks concerned are those associated with the activities of DARIAH and TGIR Huma-Num in the different Work Packages of the project, in particular the one dedicated to the creation of the Market Place (https://www.sshopencloud.eu/ssh-open-marketplace).
The applicant is expected to have:
- Good knowledge of the digital tools used in Digital Humanities
- Proficiency in the technologies used for Digital Humanities (interoperability, standards, development technologies, semantic Web technologies, information architecture etc.)
- Good knowledge of the European landscape of research infrastructures and the mechanisms for funding research in SSH
- Communication skills, diplomacy and listening skills
- Adaptability and strength of proposal
- Analytical and drafting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (B2 level)
- Ability to engage with project partners in an international environment
Training and professional experience:
- Ideally, the applicant will hold a relevant third-level degree in a humanities discipline complemented by training in Digital Humanities and experience in a digital humanities research project
- Initial experience in a European project would be an asset
The European research infrastructure DARIAH (Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities - https://www.dariah.eu/) is an infrastructure aimed at developing and supporting research in all disciplines of the humanities and social sciences. It relies on the contributions and national structures of its 19 member countries to build, at the European level, a network of people, expertise, tools and services in the field of digital humanities. The National Coordinators Committee (NCC) is at the heart of DARIAH's governance and operations. The mission of the person recruited will be to ensure its smooth operation and sustainability as well as to contribute to the success of the NCC's missions.
The European H2020 project SSHOC (Social Sciences and Humanities Open Cloud - https://sshopencloud.eu) aims to develop components specifically targeted towards SSH for the EOSC (European Open Sciences Cloud - https://ec.europa.eu/research/openscience/index.cfm?pg=open-science-cloud), a strategic European initiative to valorise research data. The project began on January 1, 2019 and will run for 40 months, involving five major European SSH Research Infrastructures and fourteen European partners.
The person recruited will be assigned to the Very Large Research Infrastructure - TGIR Huma-Num, supported by the CNRS, the University of Aix Marseille and the Campus Condorcet. For more information on the missions of the TGIR Huma-Num: https://documentation.huma-num.fr/content/9/122/en/huma_num-in-a-nutshell.html.
The person recruited will join the international activities of Huma-Num under the responsibility of the unit manager and will collaborate with the various Huma-Num departments within a unit currently composed of 22 people based in Paris and Lyon.
The person recruited will be assigned to the Campus Condorcet in Aubervilliers (Paris - France).
Constraints and risks
Frequent travel in France and Europe are expected.
We talk about it on Twitter!