Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8539-ISARIC-049
Workplace : PARIS 05
Date of publication : Monday, May 03, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 July 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Expérience et Grille CNRS
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 5 to 10 years
The Laboratory of Dynamical Meteorology (LMD) is looking for an experienced climate researcher to analyse the observations collected during the EUREC4A field campaign (http://www.eurec4a.eu) and to use these observations to test the credibility of the cloud feedback processes predicted by climate models. The mission requires an excellent expertise in cloud feedback processes and cloud physics.
- Bibliography and design of an analysis strategy
- Analysis of the data collected from different observing platforms during the EUREC4A field campaign
- Analysis of the cloud feedback processes predicted by climate models in regimes of shallow convection
- Atmospheric physics, with a deep expertise in cloud physical processes and climate feedback mechanisms.
- Excellent experience in the analysis of observations and numerical simulations
- Programming, linux environnement
- Ability for team work
- Fluency in English (written, oral), ability to write publications in rank A journals and to present results at international conferences
The work will take place at the Laboratory of Dynamical Meteorology, on the campus 'Pierre and Marie Curie' of Sorbonne University, within the team 'EMC3'. It will be mostly supervised by Sandrine Bony, within the framework of the the ERC Advanced Grant EUREC4A. More generally, the work will complement the ongoing work of the team on the analysis of EUREC4A observations and of climate change simulations. It will be done in close collaboration with international partners involved in the EUREC4A project.
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!