Intitulé de l'offre : Research Engineer M/W “Manufacturing of specialty optical fibers of interest for optical telecommunications” (H/F)
Référence : UMR8523-LAUBIG-010
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : VILLENEUVE D ASCQ
Date de publication : lundi 18 septembre 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Technique/Administratif
Durée du contrat : 12 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 1 décembre 2023
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : from. 2285€ net salary
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 6 - (Bac+3 ou 4)
Expérience souhaitée : 1 à 4 années
BAP : Sciences de l'Ingénieur et instrumentation scientifique
Emploi type : Ingénieur-e en techniques expérimentales
The recruited engineer will be responsible for the manufacturing of different types of optical fibers and new generation fiber components of interest for data transport by optical fibers. This work will be carried out within the PhLAM FiberTech Lille (FTL) platform, as part of the joint LIFT laboratory which brings together PhLAM, IRCICA and the industrialist Draka-Prysmian whose R&D unit is based in Douvrin ( 62).
The recruited engineer will be involved in the following activities:
- Design new silica-based optical fibers, particularly using the assembly-stretching method.
- Create, draw and manufacture fiber assemblies of silica bars, preforms and/or capillaries in order to achieve the desired fiber geometry.
- Participate in the production of fiber optic components allowing the functionalization of the optical fibers produced.
- Develop and adapt manufacturing tools for the development of optical fibers and fiber components with the desired properties (structural, optical, dimensional, etc.)
- Participate in the implementation of physical, chemical, optical or structural characterization techniques (ex- or in-situ) for the control and validation of the fibers and components produced.
- Initiate, lead and/or participate in research projects related to the field.
- Disseminate and promote research results; participate in networks.
- Participate in the definition and management of human, material and financial resources to obtain the targeted preforms and fibers.
- Ensure scientific and technological monitoring.
- Inform about the risks linked to the use of techniques and products and enforce safety rules.
- Ensure the monitoring and maintenance of fiber manufacturing benches and related equipment necessary for their proper functioning.
The skills sought are divided into the following subjects:
- Mastery of material shaping techniques (glass and coatings) for optical fibers (in-depth knowledge).
- Knowledge of general physics/chemistry and the field concerned by the experiment: glasses and polymers (in-depth knowledge).
- Optical and structural characterization techniques of materials (in-depth knowledge).
- Mastery of computer control and data processing.
- Budgetary, administrative and legal knowledge of the establishment
- Professional risks (general knowledge)
- Define and implement a protocol for the development, preparation, shaping and processing of materials for the production of optical fibers and fiber components.
- Know how to develop technical specifications.
- Establish a diagnosis, diagnose the origin of a breakdown and resolve malfunctions.
- Ensure the monitoring of heavy equipment (maintenance, developments, etc.).
- Provide training and supervision of staff in the use of equipment.
- Apply hygiene and safety rules.
- Supervise / Lead a team.
- Ability to integrate into a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to conceptualize.
- Listening and decision-making skills.
- Autonomy and organization.
Contexte de travail
The PhLAM, Laboratory of Physics of Lasers, Atoms and Molecules, is a mixed research unit (UMR 8523) whose main themes are oriented towards light-matter interaction. It brings together more than 170 permanent staff divided into five teams: physics of cold atoms, molecular physics, non-linear dynamics of optical or biological systems and photonics. The recruited engineer will integrate the PhLAM FiberTech Lille (FTL) platform, the laboratory's scientific and technological platform, located at the Research Institute of Software and Hardware Components for Information and Advanced Communication ( IRCICA, UAR 3380). In addition to his/her activity on the platform, he/she will develop a research activity within the Photonics team. He/she will perform his/her functions under the hierarchical responsibility of the platform manager and will join a multidisciplinary team made up of four permanent engineers and five researchers and associate professors/researchers from the Photonics team. The missions concerned by this position will relate to research activities carried out jointly between the Photonics team and the industrialist Draka-Prysmian. These activities are developed within the framework of the joint LIFT laboratory (Laboratory for the study of new optical transmission fibers) which is currently being renewed. Remarkable on an international scale, FTL has the particularity of having on the same site cutting-edge equipment dedicated to the production of micro-structured optical fibers and of developing different methods of synthesizing materials for photonic applications by MCVD, OVD and sol-gel. FTL also relies on an original activity dedicated to the development of multifunctional coatings for optical fibers (high temperature, refractory, metallic, etc.).
Le poste se situe dans un secteur relevant de la protection du potentiel scientifique et technique (PPST), et nécessite donc, conformément à la réglementation, que votre arrivée soit autorisée par l'autorité compétente du MESR.
Contraintes et risques
Clean room work. Use of semi-industrial equipment. Furthermore, the FTL platform is a restricted regime zone (ZRR) subject to access authorization.