Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR8261-PIEBAR-001
Workplace : PARIS 05
Date of publication : Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : The gross salary will be between 2600 € and 3800 € depending on the experience of the successful candidate.
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
Modification circuits in tRNAs and dynamic regulation of post-transcriptional modifications.
The maturation of RNAs involves chemical modifications of their nucleotides. Among the different RNA families, transfer RNAs (tRNAs) exhibit not only the greatest variety of modifications, but also the greatest density of modifications per transcript. While a simple model would be that modifications are introduced into tRNAs independently, several modification circuits, in which one or more modifications stimulate or negatively regulate the formation of another modification, have been identified. The postdoctoral researcher will aim at studying the relationship between modification circuits in tRNAs and the dynamic adaptation of tRNA modifications in response to environmental changes.
Publications related to the topic:
Gato A, Catala M, Tisné C, Barraud P. A Method to Monitor the Introduction of Posttranscriptional Modifications in tRNAs with NMR Spectroscopy. Methods Mol Biol. (2021) 2298:307-323.
Barraud P, Gato A, Heiss M, Catala M, Kellner S, Tisné C. Time-resolved NMR monitoring of tRNA maturation. Nat Commun. (2019) 10:3373.
Barraud P, Tisné C. To be or not to be modified: Miscellaneous aspects influencing nucleotide modifications in tRNAs. IUBMB Life. (2019) 71:1126-1140.
- Biochemistry (in vitro RNA transcription, RNA and protein purification, preparation of labeled samples for NMR)
- Structural biology (NMR and crystallography)
- RNA extraction and preparation
- Expert in structural biology (NMR and/or crystallography)
- General knowledge in molecular biology (cloning, transformation, etc)
- General knowledge in biochemistry (RNA purification, protein purification, enzymology, etc)
- General knowledge of scientific English
- Working with RNA and proteins
- Acquisition and processing of structural data
- Plan and set up a scientific study
- Organize your work on a daily basis
- Keeping a laboratory notebook and presenting results
- Rigor and reliability in the execution of work
- Sense of organization
- Spirit of initiative
- Critical of results, good ability to synthesize
- Work in a team
The person will work under the direction of Pierre Barraud in the group « Biogenesis, architecture and interactions of RNAs » of the UMR 8261 of the CNRS. The group is composed of 3 permanent and 3 temporary staff, and the person recruited will interact with various members of the group. This group is part of the « Microbial Gene Expression » unit, one of the 5 units of IBPC, located in the center of Paris.
Constraints and risks
The person recruited may be required to use radio isotopes.
To apply, please provide a detailed CV, a cover letter and the contacts of three references.
For further information, please contact Pierre Barraud at email@example.com
We talk about it on Twitter!