Intitulé de l'offre : IT infrastructure manager (M/W) (H/F)
Référence : UMR7320-PIEGEO-001
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : NICE
Date de publication : vendredi 11 août 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Technique/Administratif
Durée du contrat : 12 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 2 octobre 2023
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : between 2066 € and 2841 € per month depending on experience
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 5 - (Bac+2)
Expérience souhaitée : 1 à 4 années
BAP : Informatique, Statistiques et Calcul scientifique
Emploi type : Gestionnaire d'infrastructures
The IT infrastructure manager will reinforce BCL's IT service, currently made up of 3 software development engineers.
He or she will be responsible for:
- day-to-day management of the laboratory's IT equipment and resources
- rationalizing, automating, and simplifying its management; both for servers and virtual machines (mostly under Linux, Proxmox hypervisor), as for workstations (around a hundred machines, approx. 2/3 running Windows 10 and a third running macOS)
The ultimate aim is to relieve the service's 3 developers of a substantial part of the system administration of the laboratory's workstations and servers, in order to free up more time for software development on research projects.
1. Administer IT equipment and resources:
- Receive, configure and install new hardware and software
- Support users in the configuration and operation of their IT environment, and interface with the University's DSI for all matters relating to mailboxes and networking
- Diagnose faults and request on-site technician from manufacturers' after-sales service.
2. Automate and simplify IT asset management:
- Implement a solution for deploying and managing Windows and/or macOS platforms
- Simplify and standardize preparation of new machines and reinstallations in the event of a change of user
- Automate full disk encryption set-up on workstations, with decryption keys held in escrow
- Deploy a centralized workstation backup solution (Atempo Live Navigator)
- Organize collecting information from workstations (inventory and problem detection).
3. Rationalize the infrastructure :
- Ensure minor and major version upgrades of web servers, virtual machines and the CMS used for the laboratory's corporate website
- Reorganize virtual machines and services hosted on them (set-up of well logging, monitoring tools, replacing old services with new ones, etc.).
- Overhaul the local network's IP addressing plan and review the way IPs are assigned to devices (e.g. consider setting up a DHCP server with MAC address authentication)
- In-depth knowledge of workstation hardware architecture
- Strong understanding of system and network architecture concepts and techniques
- Good knowledge of workstation management and supervision tools
- Fluency in written technical English (Level B2)
- Virtualization techniques (general knowledge); knowledge of Proxmox would be a plus
- System administration (at least on 2 OSes among Windows, Linux and macOS)
- Administration and supervision of servers, with knowledge of associated security procedures
- Programming in a scripting language related to operating systems (such as Bash, PowerShell, Perl, or Python)
- Diagnosis and problem-solving skills (ability to analyze an incident and seek solutions on the Internet or with suppliers)
- Proficiency in proposing technical solutions adapted to user problems
People skills :
Communicative, autonomous and dynamic, the infrastructure manager must have good analytical skills and be able to synthesize information, as well as being able to make proposals. His or her interpersonal skills (listening, understanding, communicating), pedagogical qualities and ability to argue will be an important asset in interactions with various contacts, as well as in change management.
Contexte de travail
The Bases, Corpus, Langage (BCL) laboratory is a CNRS and Université Côte d'Azur Joint Research Unit (UMR - Unité Mixte de Recherche), with around 70 members (technical & administrative staff, researchers, teachers, PhD students).
Its object of study is Language, from its cognitive architecture to its most concrete discursive or textual realizations. BCL's broad spectrum of Research, from the brain to the mind, from Language to Speech and from Discourse to Writing, involves the analysis and modeling of phonological, morphological and syntactic systems, discursive and textual structures, as well as psycho-cognitive functions. BCL's integrative, interdisciplinary approach to Language brings together language linguists, discourse linguists and cognitive psychologists.
BCL laboratory is located in the MSHS-SE building on Saint-Jean d'Angély's University campus, Nice.
The infrastructure manager will work in BCL's IT service, a young and dynamic team (average age 36) of 3 software development engineers; with relatively substantial resources given the size of the laboratory and its affiliated institute (GPGPU computing servers for Deep Learning, virtual machines, scientific equipment).
Occasionally, he or she may also need to interact with:
- Université Côte d'Azur's DSI (IT Department in charge of mailboxes and network)
- computer specialists from the MSHS-SE CoCoLab experimental platform
- technical support from computer equipment manufacturers and suppliers
Contract period can range from 10 to 16 months, depending on experience.
Possibility of part-time work (in which case the contract period will be proportionally extended).
Site is accessible to PRM. Tram stop right in front of the building + underground parking.