Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7164-MAULEJ-003
Workplace : PARIS 13
Date of publication : Thursday, January 31, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2500 and 2800 € gross salary depending on experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The laboratory APC (AstroParticles and Cosmology) is seeking a computing engineer,to design and develop a fast database of the LISAPathFinder space mission. LISAPathFinder is a forerunner spacecraft of the LISA space mission, launched in 2016 for a 16 months flight, which has successfully demontrasted the feasibility and measured the precision of the envisioned instrumental design of the LISA mission.
The latter, which launch is expected in 2034, aims at observing the gravitional waves emitted in the 0.02 – 100mHz band from space, over 5 to 10 years.
The successful candidate will be charged with designing a structured data base, which will be optimized for the scientific analysis, together with its associated libraries and interfaces to allow for an easy and fast access to the LISAPathFinder data set. This study will be conducted in the context of the LISA mission preparation, whose scientific analysis will require a much richer database.
- to design and develop a structured data base, which will be optimized for the scientific analysis
- to develop the associated libraries and interfaces
- to conduct the performance analysis of the codes
- porting to a continuous integration and deployment environment
- to participate to the ongoing design activities of the LISA Distributed Data Processing Center
- Wide knowledge of computer science, including code development (languages,standard practises, integrated development environment), system administration (infrastructure design, service supply, user support) and data base.
- Experience with desing and development of relational database.
- A good knowledge of at least one object oriented programming language and one script language.
- A good knowledge of performance measurement method(s) and tool(s)
- A good knowledge of the web frameworks.
- A good knowledge of the continuous integration and containerization techniques.
- Experience with system and service administration will be a strong asset.
- A good knowledge of oral and written english.
- Ability to work in a team and interface with the mission researchers.
- Analytical approach, workload management, selfsufficient, thorough, with good communication skills
- Selfmotivated and interested in the scientific domain.
The APC laboratory is under the tutorship of several research agencies: CNRS, Université Paris 7 DenisDiderot, CEA (Commissariat à l'énergie Atomique), and the Observatory of Paris. The laboratory is situated within Université Paris 7, on the new campus of Paris 'Les Grands Moulins'. Our laboratory is involved in research in the field of astroparticle physics, which is the interface between the study of the infinitely
large and the infinitely small in our cosmos, between particle physics and astrophysics. We work with both spacebased and groundbased experiments. The recruited engineer will be integrated into the IT team at APC, and will also work closely with the science team involved in the LISA mission. He/She will also work in close collaboration with the space French agency (CNES) and the LISA international consortium.
• APC: http://www.apc.univparis7.fr/
• LISA: https://www.elisascience.org/
We talk about it on Twitter!