Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7164-JEACOL-006
Workplace : PARIS 13
Date of publication : Tuesday, November 03, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 4 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2510€ and 2694€ per month (gross, i.e. before taxes) depending on experience and diploma and following CNRS grid
Desired level of education : Engineer
Experience required : Indifferent
In the frame of the SVOM (Space Variable Objects Monitor) space mission a French-Chinese space project for the observation of high energy astrophysical phenomena foreseen for a launch in mid-2022, the engineer will participate to the development and production of the chain for the data processing and scientific analysis for the ECLAIRs instrument (a wide field coded mask telescope on-board SVOM and working in the energy band 4-150 keV). The pipeline products are sky images, source energy spectra and light curves, and catalogues. The position is open for engineers or doctors in science (engineering, mathematics, physics, IT).
The contract is renewable for at least one year, ie a total duration of at least 2 years.
- Design and development of a Python data analysis software system
- Modelling of ECLAIRs instrument, in collaboration with the researchers and relative pipeline implementation
- Modelling of astrophysical sources, in collaboration with the researchers and relative pipeline implementation
- Modelling of SVOM satellite mission constraints, in collaboration with the researchers and relative pipeline implementation
- Software testing (unit, integration, functional, scientific performance evaluation)
- Technical documentation: docstring/sphinx, wiki/redmine, wiki/gitlab
- « Dockerisation » of the data treatment chain within a HTTP server
- Building of web pages to visualize ECLAIRS pipeline results
- Python 3 and its libraries: numpy, scipy, astropy, matplotlib et numba
- Knowledge of basics of software engineering and its tools: object oriented design, GIT configuration system, sw testing, EDI eclipse
- Signal and image processing
- Docker and centOS Linux system
- Basic notions in astrophysics
- French/English (B2 level)
The engineer will work within the IT department of the CNRS/IN2P3 AstroParticule et Cosmologie (APC) laboratory on the site of Paris University in the 13th Arrondissement of Paris. The team is composed by 3 software engineers and 3 high-energy astrophysics researchers of APC. Several other French astrophysics laboratories are involved in the SVOM mission and in particular a close collaboration is established with CEA-Saclay, responsible for the SVOM French Science Centre, and with IRAP-Toulouse, responsible of the ECLAIRs instrument centre. Contacts and meetings with Chinese colleagues involved in the projects are also expected.
We talk about it on Twitter!