Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7154-BENBRE-020
Workplace : PARIS 05
Date of publication : Tuesday, December 03, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 11 months
Expected date of employment : 1 February 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2139.18 euros gross monthly according to experience
Desired level of education : 3-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The recruited person will work full-time on the RESIF-CLB project
The recruited person will work under the responsibility of the RESIF-CLB Scientific and Technical Correspondents at IPGP and will be supported by all IPGP staff involved in RESIF-CLB. He will interact regularly with the national project manager and other technical teams involved in the project.
The recruited person will be responsible for :
- organizing and conduct site exploration missions;
- performing testing of potential sites via the installation of temporary seismological stations;
- managing the work operations from conception to completion of the sites;
- participating in setting up scientific and technical equipment;
- writing technical reports on the activities carried out.
Given the diversity of missions to be accomplished, the desired profile may be that of a scientific instrumentation engineer or that of a construction/civil engineering engineer.
As a result, the candidate must have at least two of the following skills:
- General knowledge of electrical installations;
- Basic telecommunications skills;
- Basic concepts in physics, signal processing and electronics;
- Knowledge of geology, geophysics or geotechnics;
- Knowledge of building and construction techniques.
In addition, the following skills are required:
- Basic computer skills;
- Technical English (B1 minimum);
- Fluency in French (B2 minimum);
The aptitudes for the position are as follows:
- Taste for field missions (50% of the time);
- Autonomy, organization, rigor;
- Operation in project mode;
- Ease in human relations;
- Team work ability
The Seismology team of the Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris is looking for an engineer to support regionally the implementation of the seismological component of the RESIF Research Infrastructure.
RESIF (http://www.resif.fr) is a national research infrastructure dedicated to the observation and understanding of the inner Earth using different geophysical approaches (geodesy, seismology, gravimetry).
The construction of the main elements of RESIF is financed as part of the RESIF-CORE Equipment d'Excellence (EquipEx). The Permanent Broadband Network (RLBP, http://rlbp.resif.fr) is the RESIF component dedicated to permanent seismological observation in mainland France using a network of stations equipped with broadband seismometers. RESIF-Construction Large Bande (RESIF-CLB) is the RESIF sub-project dedicated to the evolution of the RLBP. Its main objectives are:
• A densification of the RLBP to reach 190 sites on the metropolitan territory.
• The harmonization of scientific and technical equipment and the establishment of tools and procedures to facilitate the operation of this network.
As part of the RESIF-CLB project, IPGP has been entrusted with the research, construction and maintenance of 13 seismological stations in a geographical area that includes the North of France, Normandy, Ile de France and part of the Center. At present, 6 sites are built, 3 sites require construction work and 4 sites require a prospecting and testing phase before construction.
Constraints and risks
European driving license (category B) essential.
We talk about it on Twitter!