Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7013-KILRAS-003
Workplace : TOURS
Date of publication : Monday, March 16, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2 637 € brut
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
Within the Institute Denis Poisson (UMR 7013, CNRS, University of Tours and University of Orléans), on the site of Tours, the researcher (M/F) will work within the ERC starting grant project COMBINEPIC (H2020, No. 759702). He/she will work on different mathematical projects related to statistical mechanics (for example, the dimer model), in interaction with the members of the COMBINEPIC project as well as the members of the SPACE team (Probability, Algebra, Combinatorics, Ergodic Theory, Statistics) of the Institute Denis Poisson.
- Fundamental research in the fields of probability theory and statistical mechanics
- Collaboration with the principal investigator, with the members of the ERC COMBINEPIC project and the members of the SPACE team
- Participation in seminars and conferences
- Publication of scientific articles
- PhD thesis in pure or applied mathematics, in the fields of probability theory or statistical mechanics
- An ability to work within a team is expected
- A good knowledge of English is required
The Institute Denis Poisson is dedicated to mathematics and theoretical physics. It is located in Orléans and Tours, France, and gathers about 90 permanent researchers, 30 doctoral candidates, ATER, post-doctoral fellows and around 10 administrative staff. Four thematic teams are present:
- Theoretical Physics
- PDE, modeling, simulation
- Probability, Algebra, Combinatorics, Ergodic Theory, Statistics (SPACE)
- Analysis and Geometry
The successful candidate will work within the SPACE team under the responsibility of Kilian Raschel. The work will mainly be done on the site of Tours. The post-doctoral student will benefit from a CNRS work contract.
Constraints and risks
Collaborations in France and abroad are expected.
No specific risks.
We talk about it on Twitter!