Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6457-SOPDEP-004
Workplace : NANTES
Date of publication : Tuesday, October 08, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 20 months
Expected date of employment : 1 November 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2555€ brut/Month ( Experience <2ans)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The successful candidate will hold a postdoctoral position in Low-Energy Neutrino Physics working for the JUNO experiment.
- S.he will contribute significantly to the development of the JUNO detector and to its simulation;
- S.he will participate in validation tests of the electronics and PMTs, using a dedicated test bench;
- S.he will contribute to the design of data analysis methods and the preparation of related tools. Several fields are possible : search for new physics via oscillation precision measurements, search for supernovae neutrinos, etc...
- Applicants must hold a doctorate in experimental particule, nuclear of astro-particle physics (or the date of the PhD defense must be officially set);
- Experience in instrumentation, event reconstruction, data analysis and detector simulation (Geant 4) are important criteria;
- Mastery of C++ and Root is mandatory;
- Skills for team work and scientific communication are mandatory;
- A good knowledge of English (spoken and written) is mandatory.
In years to come, the activities of the Neutrino working group at Subatech laboratory will focus primarily on one topic: the search for physics beyond the Standard Model, either via the direct detection of new states of via precision tests or the unitarity of the PMNS mixing matrix (U_PMNS). The group is involved in several short and medium baseline experiments measuring the oscillation of reactor antineutrinos (SoLid, Double Chooz, JUNO), in one experiment aiming at atmospheric and astrophysical neutrinos (KM3Net) and in neutrino detection R&D activities.
The Jiangmen Underground Neutrino Observatory (JUNO), presently under construction in China, is a multi-purpose neutrino physics experiment. Its main physics goals are to determine the neutrino mass ordering and the precise measurement of some of the parameters of U_PMNS.
To ensure a precise control of the calorimetric systematics, a multicalorimetry system is adopted: the main detector (20ktons of liquid scintillator ) readout by two systems of 20 inches and 3 inches PMTs.
The Subatech group participates in the validation tests of the electronics and the PMTs, in close collaboration with other laboratories in France (CENBG, LAL, OMEGA), and in Europe, Asia and South America. The successful applicant will thus participate in these group activities, in a highly international context, and will have a major role in studies for the multicalorimetry, in the preparation of precision measurements of solar oscillation parameters and in the derivation of stringent constraints on the related unitarity relations, and/or in the detection of supernova neutrinos.
It should also be noted that the Subatech group is involved in an international JUNO working group dealing with solar parameter measurements with the Small PMTs system.
Young scientists are particularly encouraged to apply
We talk about it on Twitter!