Reference : UMR6230-MORVAC-006
Nombre de Postes : 1
Workplace : NANTES
Date of publication : Thursday, January 19, 2023
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 8 months
Expected date of employment : 1 May 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : from 2 883€ to 4 181€ gross per month, depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The researcher will participate in the development of a protocol for quantum dynamics simulation of large molecular systems in reduced dimensionality. He/she will use and develop machine learning methods to automatically and objectively choose the selected nuclear coordinates.
- simulation of the dynamics in total dimensionality on test systems (small enough)
- analysis of the results of the dynamics in total dimension with different machine learning approaches (supervised or not, dimension reduction).
- simulation of the dynamics in reduced dimensionality according to the machine learning analyses to test the approaches
- communicate on and valorize the results of the research (participation in publications...)
- the candidate should have a PhD in theoretical chemistry or physics.
- expertise in artificial intelligence algorithms
- experience in molecular dynamics if possible
- be able to program and script in a language of his/her choice
- be autonomous
- work in a team
- ability to communicate and argue
- fluency in English (reading, writing, speaking)
The work will be carried out within the CEISAM laboratory hosted by Nantes University. The contractual staff recruited will be integrated into the ModES "Modelling and Spectroscopy" team and will work directly with Dr. Morgane VACHER.
Constraints and risks
The only risk is the one related to the work on screen (ergonomics).
We talk about it on Twitter!