Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5669-MAGLEB-006
Workplace : LYON 07
Date of publication : Monday, June 14, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : -The salary is approximatively 2100E after tax per month (or approx 2600E gross salary).
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
Applications are invited for a CNRS postdoc position in mathematical physics. The position is based at the Ecole Normale Supérieure in Lyon, in the analysis and PDEs group. It is funded by the ERC strating grant "Correlated frontiers of many-body quantum mathematics and condensed matter physics".
Suggested research topics include but are not limited to:
* The many-body problem for quantum particles with fractional statistics (anyons)
* Rigorous studies of fractional quantum Hall states
* Mean-field limits of bosonic equilibrium states
* Large magnetic field limit for fermionic systems
We search for candidates with a strong research potential, preferably with a background in one or several of the following fields
* Functional analysis
* Spectral theory
* Partial differential equations
* Many-body quantum mechanics
* Condensed matter physics
The position is based at the Ecole Normale Supérieure in Lyon, in the analysis and PDEs group.
The salary is approximatively 2100E after tax per month (or approx 2600E gross salary). The postdoctoral researcher will have access to funding for travel and visitors.
The successful candidate will not have any teaching obligations
Deadline for the first call of the application is July 15th, 2021. We reserve the right to leave the positions open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* list of publications,
* research statement describing both past research and future research plans (max. 4 pages),
* 2 or 3 letters of recommendation maximum (directly sent to email@example.com by the reference).
* if available, reports on your phd thesis and/or defense
We talk about it on Twitter!