Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5628-MONBUR-002
Workplace : GRENOBLE
Date of publication : Friday, February 08, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Depending on experience, starting from 2530 € gross monthly
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The postdoctoral researcher will be responsible for the development and advanced characterization of electrochemical materials for their use in novel micro-devices for energy harvesting and storage. He/she will be part of the “Oxides for nanoionic devices” group and will work under the supervision of Dr Mónica Burriel within the framework of the European FET Proactive project “Harvestore” (http://www.harvestore.eu/), which aim is to develop beyond-state-of-the-art technologies in the field of Internet of Things. Within the “Haverstore” project he/she will be a member a European network of partners, including research, technology centers and advanced industries from 6 different countries, who have joined their efforts with the goal of opening-up a new technology paradigm.
Within this very exciting project, the post-doctoral researcher will focus on the investigation of oxide thin films for “μ-harvestorers”, devices which will be able to collect and store energy from heat and light at the same time.
He/she will be mainly focused on the tuning of the materials structural and functional properties using chemical deposition techniques (CVD and ALD) and in the development of advanced functional characterization techniques. For understanding and optimizing the thin film properties, it is mandatory to relate the structural, micro-structural and chemical parameters of the oxide to the electrochemical performance at high temperatures. The LMGP houses state-of-the-art experimental equipment for investigating such properties. X-ray diffraction, atomic force microscopy, electron microscopy (SEM, TEM) and in situ Raman spectroscopy will be routinely used and will be combined with electrochemical measurements.
For this the postdoc will mainly in charge of the:
• Deposition, characterization and tuning of electrolyte and electrode materials
• Development and implementation of advanced in situ and operando characterization techniques for Nanoinics
• Scaling and integration of the optimized thin films in reversible Micro Solid Oxide Cells
- PhD degree in materials science, physics, chemistry or related field.
- A very good knowledge of English language, both spoken and written.
- Good writing skills, ability to publish and promote your research
- Excellent communication, organisational skills and managerial ability for the project
- Creative, independent and highly-motivated candidate
- Interpersonal skills, dynamism, initiative, rigor and teamwork abilities.
Scientific research profile & skills:
- Knowledge in materials science, especially in Solid State Ionics and Electrochemistry
- Experience in characterisation of functional oxide thin films, including diffraction techniques (XRD, XRR, RSM), electron microscopy (SEM, EDX and TEM), Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), Ellipsometry and Raman spectroscopy
- Experience in electrical and electrochemical measurements (e.g. Van der Paw, impedance spectroscopy, electrical conductivity relaxation)
- Computing and programming skills (Python, Matlab and/or Labview)
- Experience in oxide thin film deposition (CVD or ALD)
- Numerical simulation skills (e.g. COMSOL)
- Experience in Synchrotron characterizations techniques (eg. XAS, HAXPES, XRD)
- Experience in clean room microfabrication
The postdoctoral researcher will work within the LMGP, Materials and Physical Engineering Laboratory in Grenoble, in the Nanomaterials and advanced nanostructures (NanoMAT) team. Located in the heart of an exceptional scientific environment, the LMGP offers the applicant a rewarding place to work.
LMGP Web Site: http://www.lmgp.grenoble-inp.fr/
In addition, the postdoctoral researcher will have a strong interaction and will collaborate with the several groups within the European consortium, including the Catalonia Institute for Energy Research IREC (Spain), the Institute of Microelectronics of Barcelona IMB-CNM-CSIC (Spain) and Imperial College London (UK), among others.
We offer: One year postdoctoral contract with possibility of extension
We talk about it on Twitter!