Reference : UMR5306-DELKER-001
Workplace : VILLEURBANNE
Date of publication : Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 36 months
Expected date of employment : 1 July 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2130 and 2637€ gross according to experience + variable part on objectives
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Within the Institut Lumière Matière (iLM), a joint CNRS-University of Lyon 1 research unit, the Transfer Engineer will be responsible for developing partnership activities between companies and ILMTech, the iLM's technology platform. He/she will help to ensure the interface between the laboratory and its platform and the socio-economic world.
- Identify projects and areas of activity with potential for development in the laboratory and develop a commercial offer.
- Present ILMTech's scientific and technical offer to define solutions adapted to the client's problems
- Approach companies to develop ILMTech's partnership relations
- Conducting commercial negotiations for partnerships
- Develop the platform's network and its links with the innovation ecosystem
- Implementing continuous improvement measures for the platform's organisation
- Monitoring partnerships and managing reporting
- Good organisational skills; ability to prioritise actions
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate commitment
- Have a sense of teamwork
- Demonstrate rigour and autonomy
- Ability to be accountable
- Proven negotiation skills
- Apply a project management methodology
- Know how to measure the legal and financial stakes and risks
- Be able to advise and assist in decision making; be able to make proposals
- Master oral and written communication techniques (drafting of offers, reports, etc.)
- Have a B2-C1 level of English (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Organise a scientific, technical and commercial watch
- Marketing skills
- Negotiation and commercial management techniques
- Knowledge of the main technologies used at the iLM (materials, physical and chemical analyses)
The Institut Lumière Matière (iLM) is a CNRS-University of Lyon 1 research unit located on the Lyon Tech La Doua campus. With approximately 300 employees, including a hundred doctoral and post-doctoral students, the iLM is a major player in physics and chemistry research in the Auvergne Rhône Alpes region, internationally recognised for the excellence of its research.
The continuum between fundamental research, the response to major societal challenges and innovation is at the heart of the unit's approach. The entire staff is committed to promoting excellence and ethical and responsible research.
Its scientists explore six major thematic fields:
- Materials, energy, photonics
- Soft matter
- Optics and ultrafast dynamics
- Theory and modelling
- Life, health and environment.
Its ILMTech technological platform, a gateway to innovation, offers cutting-edge instruments and expertise to academic and socio-economic players. It promotes iLM research, participates in the transfer of knowledge to society and industry and supports the emergence of breakthrough innovations.
Within the platform, the agent is placed under the authority of the iLM Management. His or her missions are carried out in close interaction with the staff attached to the platform, the research teams and the laboratory's management team.
Constraints and risks
Travel to companies is required for the presentation of the commercial offer.
We talk about it on Twitter!