Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5242-YADGHA-002
Workplace : LYON 07
Date of publication : Tuesday, January 05, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 1670 and 2100€ per month before tax depending on experience
Desired level of education : High-School Level
Experience required : Indifferent
We are recruiting a technical assistant for a renewable period of 1 year. The candidate will participate in various projects in collaboration with the other members of the team, lead technological development projects and logistics missions.
- Ensure the maintenance and/or the amplification of the team fly stocks.
- Ensure the production of transgenic Drosophila lines (cloning, “classical” or CRISPR / Cas9 transgenesis, fly crosses, genotyping).
- Collect Drosophila embryos at different stages of development for analysis by genetic/genomic methods (RT-qPCR, RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, etc…) or imaging (confocal).
- Set up new genomics or imaging protocols.
- Act as a “lab manager” (inventory and order management, organization of common tasks, point of contact for sales and facilities, etc.).
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and rigorously.
- Experience in Drosophila genetics, micro-injection, molecular biology (genotyping, cloning, RNA extraction, etc.), and/or confocal imaging (in situ hybridization) would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (lab's working language).
The "Developmental epigenomics" team (www.ghavihelmlab.com) led by Yad Ghavi-Helm at the Institute of Functional Genomics of Lyon (IGFL) is recruiting a technical assistant in biology for the “Enhancer3D” project. The project focuses on the regulation of gene expression and the organization of chromatin during the embryonic development of Drosophila. It is funded by an ERC Starting Grant until October 2023.
We talk about it on Twitter!