Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5229-ANNBUS-003
Workplace : BRON
Date of publication : Thursday, November 26, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 4 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2675 et 3805 € gross salary according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
Located at the Institute of Cognitive Sciences Marc Jeannerod (ISCMJ) in Bron, you will be in charge of ana-tomical and histological studies to map the brain oxytocinergic system. You will perform immunofluorescence studies, from tissue processing to imaging and morphological analysis. You will also have opportunities to de-velop genetic and behavioral approaches to understand the neural basis of autism disorders.
• Whole-mount immunofluorescence staining to label oxytocinergic cells for three-dimensional imaging (light sheet microscopy) and modeling
• Develop environmental and behavioral testing in mice
• Organize, analyze and present the data to lab meeting
• Optimize the methodological approaches in agreement with the project manager
• Work in accordance to laboratory safety rules
• Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of neuroanatomy and histology
• Proven competence in the implementation and monitoring of experimental studies in mice: IACUC (or equivalent) protocol writing, data collection and statistical processing
• Required experiences in cell biology: tissue sectioning (microtome, crysotat), immunohistochemi-stry/immunofluorescence, clearing approaches (iDISCO, CLARITY), microscopy (epifluorescence, confo-cal, light sheet)
• Experience in intracerebral surgery (viral injection) would be an asset but is not mandatory
• Good knowledge of IT tools (office pack), image analysis software (Fijii, Imaris, Arrivis) and graphics (Photoshop, Illustrator, Gimp)
• Personal authorization for animal research is required
• Good knowledge of health and safety regulations rules
• Ability to write scientific reports and publications
• English language levels: intermediate B1/B2 or advanced C1
• Minimum of 2 years experience in the aforementioned fields
• Professional qualities: flexibility, high motivation, work as part of a team
• Personal qualities: autonomy, dynamism, ability to quickly learn
The ISCMJ, which is a CNRS unit (UMR 5229), hosts about 100 people from all over the world, who collectively work on neurobiology, neuropsychology and cognition. The candidate will operate within the "Neuropsycholo-gy of action” research group, led by Angela Sirigu. The overall goal of the team is to understand how the brain oxytocinergic neurons provide the functional basis for the emergence of social behaviors, and how dysfunc-tion of their neural network could be implicated in autism spectrum disorders. To this end, the team develops a multiscale and a multi-species approach ranging from the analysis of the neural network to the behavioral consequences of chemogenetic manipulations. The candidate will evolve under the responsibility of the pro-ject project manager, and will work in close collaboration with the other members of the team.
We talk about it on Twitter!