Reference : UMR5069-GHEBOU-003
Workplace : TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Saturday, August 6, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 15 September 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Monthly gross salary ranging from 2548 to 2733 € based on previous experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
In collaboration with a regional industrial partner, world leader in the field of defense, we are recruiting an organic chemist to participate in an emerging project. His main mission will be to prepare energetic molecules of reduced toxicity for applications as masking smoke. Our first results have opened real opportunities in the field of defense and will be the basis for the development of this project.
- Performing the synthesis of organic compounds on a scale ranging from ten to a hundred grams.
- Purifying and characterizing the new targets within the facilities available in the laboratory and at the Institut de Chimie de Toulouse.
- Active participation in scientific exchanges with the technical and scientific committee of the project, including engineers and the manager of the industrial partner.
A European young engineer or engineering student with:
- experience in synthesis, purification and characterization of organic derivatives.
- Good communication and writing skills, including in English to evolve in a dynamic and multinational team.
The position is open at the Laboratoire Hétérochimie Fondamentale et Appliquée (LHFA). The LHFA, made up of around sixty researchers, is one of the leading laboratories in the chemistry of hetero-elements (Si, P, B, S, F, etc.) at national and international level. Joint Research Unit of the University of Toulouse and the CNRS, it is located on the Rangueil Campus in Toulouse. For several years, our laboratory has developed a strategy aimed at significantly strengthening the development of its research and the transfer of technologies in high-impact applied fields (sustainable catalysis, biodegradable polymers, nanoparticles, energetic materials, etc.). The project involves 1 associated professor and 1 permanent researcher, as well as an experienced post-doctoral fellow.
Constraints and risks
Chemicals will be handled under conditions that meet health and safety standards.
We talk about it on Twitter!