Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR137-MANBIB-013
Workplace : PALAISEAU
Date of publication : Thursday, January 6, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2743.70 € gross per month depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Develop two-dimensional gases combining ferroelectricity and the Rashba effect by a combination of laser ablation and sputtering growths, and characterise them by magnetotransport and spectroscopy.
- Growth by PLD and sputtering
- Characterisation by X-ray diffraction and atomic force microscopy
- Piezoresponse microscopy (PFM)
- X-ray spectroscopy
- Optical lithography
- Electrical transport measurements
- Data analysis and modelling
- Writing of scientific reports and papers
- Magnetism and spintronics (required)
- Thin film growth by laser ablation, sputtering or MBE (required)
- Electrical transport measurements (required)
- Experience in optical and electronic lithography (desired)
- Knowledge of perovskite oxides in thin films (required)
- Spin transport physics (desired)
- Labview, Matlab, etc. programming (optional)
- Excellent organisational and scientific writing skills in English (required)
- Good communication skills (desired)
The project will take place mainly at the Unité Mixte de Physique CNRS/Thales (UMPhy) in Palaiseau and will be part of the ERC Avanced FRESCO project.
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!