Intitulé de l'offre : doctorant(e) en photocatalyse (H/F)
Référence : UMR8181-ANDKHO-008
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : VILLENEUVE D ASCQ
Date de publication : lundi 13 mars 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Doctorant/Contrat doctoral
Durée du contrat : 36 mois
Date de début de la thèse : 1 octobre 2023
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Section(s) CN : Coordination chemistry, catalysis, interfaces, and processes
Description du sujet de thèse
Within the framework of the ANR SolarMethaCell project funded by the French National Research Agency (ANR) and carried out in collaboration with the Institut Photovoltaïque d'Ile-de-France (IPVF CNRS), the work will focus on the development of a new solar chemical process for the conversion of methane into chemicals. Recent advances in solar cells and photocatalysis open new opportunities to couple these two technologies for the development of sustainable and environmentally friendly photocatalytic systems using solar radiation and operating at room temperature and moderate pressure.
The researcher will:
- prepare semiconductor-based materials and photocatalysts;
- conduct characterization of solid materials and photocatalysts using a combination of various physicochemical methods;
- perform photocatalytic testing of methane conversion;
- develop the method of analysis of methane conversion products
- conduct a study of the mechanism of photocatalytic methane conversion;
- perform quantitative analysis of characterization and kinetic data;
- travel to project meetings and short term collaborative work;
- present the results obtained in English and write the corresponding activity reports, scientific publications related to his/her work.
Contexte de travail
The researcher will work on the Villeneuve d'Ascq site at the University of Lille and at the Institut Centrale de Lille. The researcher will work in the "Heterogeneous catalysis" axis and in the "Catalysis for energy and platform molecules synthesis" team under the responsibility of Dr. Andrei Khodakov and Dr. Vitaly Ordomsky. The synthesis of materials and photocatalysts as well as photochemical tests will be carried out in the laboratories of the Catalysis Pilot Hall or at the Institut Centrale de Lille. Within the framework of the project, the PhD student will participate in progress meetings organized in Lille or in the partner laboratory IPVF, where he/she will present his results. If necessary, he/she will also participate in national or international conferences to present the results obtained.
Contraintes et risques
Exposure to chemicals, gases, stable isotopes, UV radiation and X-rays in the work environment (photochemical tests, X-ray fluorescence, X-ray diffraction).
Salary: 2135 euros gross monthly