Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7288-MARTHI-010
Workplace : MARSEILLE 09
Date of publication : Thursday, October 14, 2021
Scientific Responsible name : H.CREMER
Type of Contract : PhD Student contract / Thesis offer
Contract Period : 36 months
Start date of the thesis : 1 January 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2 135,00 € gross monthly
Description of the thesis topic
The recruited person will be involved in a collaborative project between the team of Dr. H. Cremer in Marseille and Dr. A. Fico in Naples (Italy). The project aims to understand the molecular mechanisms that control the proliferation and differentiation of neural stem cells in the mouse brain. In this context, the project aims to study the regulation of these cells by non-coding RNAs. She will modify the genetic content of subventricular zone stem cells in vivo in animals and study the impact on the different stages of postnatal neurogenesis. She will be in charge of animal handling, brain dissection, preparation of cell suspensions for marker analysis in flow cytometry.
- Routine use of PCR, cloning, plasmid DNA preparation, in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry and flow cytometry techniques.
- Dissection and sectioning of neonatal mouse brain
- Perform immunolabeling on brain sections and cell suspensions
- Learn the RNAscope technique (quantitative fluorescent in situ hybridization)
- Learn how to edit the genome using the CRISPR/Cas9 method
- Handle animals (mice) and apply animal experimentation procedures
- Edit the genome of stem cells using the in vivo electroporation method
- Gather results, analyze them, format them and present them in group meetings and conferences
IBDM is located on the Luminy Campus and comprises about 240 permanent researchers, professors, engineers and technicians and non-permanent staff (CDD, post-docs, PhD students, trainees) working in 21 research teams and 11 technical platforms and services.
IBDM is a joint research unit under the supervision of the CNRS and AMU, which explores the field of developmental biology and associated pathologies.
The activity will be carried out within the team "Molecular Control of Neurogenesis" directed by Harold Cremer
As the team is composed of several nationalities, English language skills are essential.
Constraints and risks
Risk related to chemical products (CMR)
Risk related to animals
We talk about it on Twitter!