Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5256-DAVFAR-004
Workplace : VILLEURBANNE
Date of publication : Thursday, September 03, 2020
Scientific Responsible name : Dr. David FARRUSSENG
Type of Contract : PhD Student contract / Thesis offer
Contract Period : 36 months
Start date of the thesis : 2 November 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2 135,00 € gross monthly
Description of the thesis topic
The scope of the subject is in the production of hydrogen and unsaturated hydrocarbons of interest for the Energy and Chemical sectors (olefins and aromatics) from bio-methane. Today, bio-methane is used in the form of heat. However, biomethane is a potential source of hydrogen and green carbon.
It is known that methane can be converted to aromatics and hydrogen in a thermo-catalytic reactor using bifunctional supported catalysts (metallic and acid). Technologies have been demonstrated for the production of aromatics from pure methane. However, the level of catalytic performance remains too low for the production of hydrogen or olefins. On the other hand, bio-methane contains a large fraction of CO2 which can have positive or negative effects on the activity, selectivity (methanol) and deactivation of catalysts.
The tasks of the academic study will focus on:
- the synthesis of bifunctional supported catalysts (metallic and acid) according to methods known to our laboratory,
- the detailed characterization of the structure and the surface of the catalysts using the techniques of the state of the art, with the aim of elucidating the selective and non-selective catalytic centers and the potential mechanisms,
- setting up an experimental device to measure the kinetic indicators of the catalytic reaction,
- the kinetic study of the elementary reactions of the catalytic process and their modeling by mathematical expressions,
- the formal study of a catalytic process based on kinetic models.
The work will be carried out at the IRCELYON laboratory on the Lyon-1 university campus, in the "Materials and Processes" team.
IRCELYON is a laboratory of 200 people. dedicated to research on Catalysis and the Environment.
We talk about it on Twitter!