Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5112-MAGSIE-007
Workplace : MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Friday, December 27, 2019
Scientific Responsible name : Emmanuel NEGRIER
Type of Contract : PhD Student contract / Thesis offer
Contract Period : 36 months
Start date of the thesis : 1 February 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2 135,00 € gross monthly
Description of the thesis topic
This PhD contract in political science aims to contribute to the European research projet "UNCHARTED : Understanding, Capturing and Fostering the Societal Value of Culture" conducted by 10 European research organizations, within the work program H2020 TRANSFORMATIONS : The societal value of culture and the impact of cultural policies in Europe.
This project proposes to identify and contextualize the emergence and transformations of the social values of culture in Europe, as constructed by the different actors in the cultural field - from the point of view of cultural policies as well as cultural practices - and to provide analytical and methodological tools to understand, analyse and measure these values, in an interdisciplinary and pluralistic perspective.
In this perspective, the research should mobilize conceptual and empirical analyses, based on comparative case studies in different European countries, in collaboration with the partners of the UNCHARTED project.
The research program focuses on three main objectives :
- Identifying the emergence and diversity of the social values of culture in Europe : examining the influence of a series of key contexts and factors in the formation of the values of culture, particulary those related to the political history ; identifying the plurality of values that emerge in cultural policies and are experienced in cultural practices, particulary in the field of performing arts.
- Analyzing the different measures of the social values of culture : understanding the tensions related to the way different actors in the cultural field (citizens, participants, professionals, public administrators) construct, measure, compare and rank the values they attribute to culture - focusing more particulary on the grammars of valuing and evaluating cultural practices.
- Questioning the evaluation of cultural policies : analyzing the limits and the nonimative issues of cultural policy evaluation, and proposing new ways to evaluate the strategies and effectiveness of cultural policies and their social impacts.
- Work in the CEPEL/UMR 5112 - Faculty of Law and Political Science Montpellier
- Travels to several European countries
Constraints and risks
Travels to several European countries
- Master's degree in political science or sociology
- Extensive knowledge of cultural policies, sociology of cultural practices, evaluation of public policies
- Fluency in English
- Field research practice
We talk about it on Twitter!