Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : USR6402-CHRDUR-106
Workplace : VILLEURBANNE
Date of publication : Thursday, September 03, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 12 October 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Depends on experience and qualifications
Desired level of education : Engineer
Experience required : Indifferent
IN2P3 Computing Center (CC-IN2P3) hires an graduate (or equivalent title) qualified in computing science that will join the Support team, made up of 9 officers. The Support team mission is to assist researchers in their use of the various compute services provided by the Center.
The missions the candidate is expected to carry out are to:
• provide a technical and operational support to the experiments computing activities hosted by CC-IN2P3, focussing on one or serveral experiments in astroparticles (including LSST, Virgo, Juno...). Advise, guide and help researchers solve their problems and find the technical solutions most suited to their needs;
• participate in generic user-support tasks (service documentation, control room);
• lead or participate in internal projects, often transverse across the Center teams, in order to build the tools or services useful for the Center operations;
• perform studies and technological watch, analyze problems and propose solutions;
• present his/her work.
To accomplish these missions, the candidate will have to learn the Center services usage and operation: batch scheduling, storage services, application deployment in a defined system environment, and collaborative development.
The position requires proficiency in various areas such as:
• good knowledge of Linux systems and shells.
• experience in scientific programming with languages like C/C++ or Python.
• knowledge in academic computing grids
• knowledge in ITIL practices
• experience in project management
• knowledge in IT solutions for research collaborations
• technical skills in collaborative development (git, gitlab) and deployment (puppet)
• knowledge in web development and continuous integration
• organization and ability to work in team
• adaptability and sense of service
• professional english, written and spoken
• ability to present own work in meeting or conference
The IN2P3 Computing Center (CC-IN2P3) is a CNRS service and research unit. It is part of the great research infrastructures in France, and has the purpose to provide researchers in nuclear and particle physics with computing and storage solutions. More than 4000 users from 70 international collaborations are using the CC-IN2P3 services 24/7 [More information: http://cc.in2p3.fr/en].
The candidate will work in a state-of-the-art technological environment, in a unit composed of a hundred people. He/she will have to interact with various scientific communities, build or participate in the development of computing tools or services useful for researchers or for the Center itself. He/she will also have to participate in events (meetings, workshops, conferences), in France or abroad, and possibily present his/her work.
Constraints and risks
Short travels in France or abroad are expected.
We talk about it on Twitter!