Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : USR3456-SONVEL-006
Workplace : CAYENNE
Date of publication : Tuesday, December 04, 2018
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 10 January 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2 630 € / month
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
He or she will conduct a study about the Local life committee (LLC) of the French Guiana Amazonian National Park (FGANP), aiming at analyzing how it is functioning and at proposing possible paths for its improvement. The study will be conceived as research/action because its recommendations are expected to be very concrete and will be put into effect in the second phase of the contract. At the same time the study will participate of a research project financed by the French national reseach agency named GUYINT, aimed at studying the mechanisms of space governance in the interior of the Guiana shield.
The context of the study can be found on the following URL : http://guyane.cnrs.fr/IMG/pdf/2018_ANR_Guyint_Fiche_de_poste_pour_e_tude_CVL_final_annexe.pdf
- To analyze the way the LLC is working at a collective body, as well as the role of each of its members:
As they are perceived locally by the LLC members, by other local stakeholders (customary authorities, local representants, inhabitants, etc.) or by the FGANP;
As they appear in preexisting FGANP documents or analyses.
- To critically analyze convergences and divergences about what the LLC role should or should not be (which thematics or functions should it focus on) as they are perceived by different stakeholders like the FGANP, manager of the area, but also like LLC members and local inhabitants on the other side.
- To proceed to an extensive bibliographic research on experiences in other contexts/part of the world and see if they can provide elements to improve the governance.
- To animate meetings with local stakeholders and LLC members in each FGANP sub-region and/or village
- To propose recommendations and possibilities of action based on the above elements in order to conciliate the different and eventually conflicting stakeholders' representations and logics.
- To put into effect the recommendations as much as possible in order to validate their effectivity.
- To redact a comprehensive end of contract report
- To write to scientific papers to be submitted in peer-reviewed journals acknowledging the GUYINT project.
- To present the results to the LLC members and FGANP scientific council members, administrators and agents.
- Good knowledge of the French Guiana and FGANP context
- Knowledge of the sociology and geography of the interior of French Guiana
- Capacity to work autonomously and to participate from a team
- Good experience in conducting participatory meetings and being able to have interlocution with
a wide array of social groups
- Understanding of the research/action principles
The person who will be awarded the contract will be in charge of conducting the study named “The FGANP governance and the local populations: analysis of the Local Life committee in order to improve its functioning. Recommendations and experiments.” This study is a joint venture between the LEEISA research unit of CNRS, the French Guiana Amazonian National Park and the GUYINT research project.
The study will be mentored by Mr. Damien Davy for the LEEISA, Mr. François-Michel Le Tourneau for the GUYINT project and Ms Céline Frémaux for the FGANP.
Frequent trips and stays in the interior of French Guiana must be understood as a mandatory part of the job.
We talk about it on Twitter!