Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : USR3278-NATTOL-003
Workplace : PERPIGNAN
Date of publication : Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between €2,500 and €3,000 gross per month depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
This post-doctoral contract is part of the METRODIVER project exploring the link between the marine protected areas, trophic diversity/functioning and ecosystem services.
The specific aims of the post-doc researcher will be to (i) develop new approaches/indices describing trophic diversity at the level of ecosystems, (ii) model the effects of marine protected areas on the trophic diversity using these new indices and (iii) assess the drivers of marine protected area effectiveness on ecosystem functioning. Finally, the candidate will be able to link the results of the models to the capacity of these ecosystems to deliver ecosystem services.
In practice, the researcher tasks will be responsible of the theoretical part aiming to develop new approach(es) for describing trophic diversity and functioning.
In addition, a first practical part will consist into participating to the project sampling located in a network of MPAs in the Mediterranean Sea, analyze Stereo-DOV data, describe the actual MPA trophic diversity/functioning, and finally model the effects of MPA and of their features on these diversity and functioning.
A second practical part of the project will be to determine marine protected area productivity through ecopath modeling and to determine the correlation between trophic diversity/functioning and ecosystem productivity.
The main selection criterion for this position is scientific excellence. However, the successful candidate should show:
• PhD with solid background of marine ecological and especially in marine trophic/food web
• Strong knowledge about species/functional diversity indices
• Strong experience in otolith science: age and growth analysis, otolith soluble organic matter extraction, otolith organic matter δ13C and δ15N analysis.
• Experience in microbiology: gut microbial diversity, metagenomic and metatranscriptomic, bio-informatic related to genome sequencing.
• Fish physiology and metabolism, nutrient cycles
• Interest in theoretical ecology with experience in developing new approaches/indices
• Strong programming skills in R/Python or equivalent
• Experiences in GIS
• Experience in applying advanced statistical tools (EwE, Bayesian mixing model, SIAR, spatial and temporal modeling skills)
• Knowledge in MPAs
• Professional diver license would be a strong advantage
• Experiences in analyzing Stereo-DOV data is a plus
• Excellent English communication skills
• Good and rigorous Laboratory Practices
• Strong record in international journals
• Ability to work independently
• Interest with engaging agency personnel and MPA stakeholders
The research will be mainly located in the CRIOBE lab (USR 3278 CNRS-EPHE-UPVD) in Perpignan, France.
We talk about it on Twitter!