Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : USR3185-INEBON-008
Workplace : LILLE
Date of publication : Thursday, December 06, 2018
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 19 months
Expected date of employment : 1 February 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Gross salary approximately 30660 € yearly
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The postdoctoral researcher will work as a member of the research project RUSKURD (principal investigator: Etienne Peyrat, assistant professor, Sciences Po Lille, IRHIS) hosted by the MESHS (Lille). She/he will pursue an individual research related to one or several dimensions of the project, devoted to the history of Russian-Kurdish relations in the 19th-20th centuries. The project deals with 1) military aspects of the Russian-Kurdish relations, 2) the production of kurdological knowledge in Russia (the Soviet Union and Eastern European) and its impacts on Kurdish identities, 3) the transnational lives of political, intellectual, and cultural actors across the Middle East and the Russian (Soviet) space.
• Individual research that fits in the general scope of RUSKURD (field research, participation in scientific events, publications, outrearch).
• Coordination of one of the research axes of the project (preferably axis 2 or 3).
• Management of the project (event planning, budget).
• Contribution to the creation of a database on Russian-Kurdish relations.
• Ph.D. in human and social sciences (history, anthropology, sociology, political sciences) with a focus on connections and influences between Eastern Europe/Russia and the Middle East (Turkey, Iran, Arabic-speaking and Kurdish-speaking areas) or political and identity issues among the Kurds.
• Experience of field research and investigation.
• Written and spoken knowledge of one or several languages of the Middle East and/or Eastern Europe/Russia.
• Autonomy, team work, management experience.
The postdoctoral research will work in a small and diverse team of researchers, hosted by the MESHS, in strong cooperation with Sciences Po Lille, and research centres IRHIS (University of Lille) and CERCEC (EHESS).
Constraints and risks
Applicants for the position should be ready to engage in frequent travel in the geographical areas of relevance to the project (Turkey, Russia, Caucasus, Middle East), as well as in France and Europe.
Potential applicants will have to apply through the dedicated application and submitt a detailed resume, as well as a covering letter that integrates an individual research project (up to 3 pages), including a short bibliography.
We talk about it on Twitter!