Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR8521-EMMGUI-003
Workplace : FONT ROMEU ODEILLO VIA
Date of publication : Friday, November 12, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2648 and 4198 € gross monthly, depending on experience.
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The post-doc will mainly work on the site of the Thémis solar tower, and at Odeillo's Big Solar Furnace, for the FEDER project CLE-DE-SOL.
The main mission will be to study, develop then commission one or several aiming strategies applicable and tested with Thémis' heliostats field.
The secondary mission will be a contribution to the evaluation of heliostats: commissioning, optical qualification, concentrated flux measurements
The activities will be principally:
- Optical evaluation of the Thémis solar tower heliostats: methods evaluation optical canting, reporting.
- Heliostats aiming strategy: concepts, evaluation using raycasting simulation, algorithm(s) development, testing.
- Write study and experimental reports.
- Assisting or leading the intervention of subcontractors to install experimental equipment, including calls for tenders, offers selection.
- Punctually assist technical activities on site for the project, such as: removing old control command equipment, installation of new equipment such as electrical cabinets and cabling, contributing to the mechanical maintenance of the heliostats, snow removal.
The post-doc will be part of the Feder CLE-DE-SOL team (3 more people to hier), integrated to the Solar Facilities and Associated Instruments department. She/he will join onsite 2 permanent staffs (1 engineer and 1 technician), along projects teams currently hosted.
- Expert knowledge about CSP systems, especially solar towers, both theoretical and experimental, such as: collecting optics, operating strategy of a CSP plant including with its conversion process, metrology, testing, experiments at high flux and high temperature, solar resource…
- Optical modeling of CSP plants with software such as SolTrace, Tonatiuh, SolarPilot, Solstice…
- Processing of multi-dimensional data with Matlab and Scilab. Experience in Python advised.
- Project management, including subcontracted tasks.
The Thémis solar tower is part of the French Research Infrastructure FR-SOLARIS which also include the 1 MW big solar furnace in Odeillo and smaller facilities, operated by the PROMES-CNRS laboratory. The set is the French platform for CSP development. The Thémis solar tower belongs to the local council Pyrénées Orientales and is operated and developed by PROMES-CNRS. It is located about 5 km from the CNRS site which includes the solar furnaces.
The Thémis solar tower and the CESA 1 solar tower in Spain are the two largest research solar towers to test and qualify new CSP processes and industrial pilots, up to about 5 MWth.
This job offer is part of a set of 4 short-term contracts for the FEDER CLE-DE-SOL project which aims to improve the services for developers and researchers notably on the Thémis site. These improvements include better knowledge and better control of the heliostat field in Thémis.
Constraints and risks
The main considerations for this job are:
- Work in altitude, as the Thémis site is 1700m ASL.
- Work outdoor, including during difficult weather such as rain, snow, fog.
- Work at elevated height: equipment and instruments are installed inside the Themis solar tower, 100m high.
- Possible exposition to hot and cold temperatures, humidity, noise.
- Driving license and personal car strongly advised, for the commuting to work and to eat (no public transport available, winter conditions with snow, hail, ice).
- Possible access to the CNRS restaurant in Odeillo, with applicable conditions for CNRS personal.
We talk about it on Twitter!