Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR8521-DRISTI-002
Workplace : PERPIGNAN
Date of publication : Wednesday, March 04, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 36 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Remuneration: approximately between 2400€ and 2764€ monthly gross
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
In the framework of the European project H2020-IA MINISTOR (2019-2023) "MINImal Size Thermal and Electrical Energy STOrage for In-Situ Residential Installation", the PROMES laboratory, UPR8521 CNRS, aims to develop a high energy density thermochemical storage device (120 kWh hot / 50 kWh cold) involving a solid/gas reactor to store or valorize in cold for heating and air conditioning purpose, the heat that is delivered at 60-65°C by PVT thermo-photovoltaic collectors. Given this low temperature level, this thermochemical system has to be mechanically assisted by a compressor during the storage phase, raising dynamic coupling problems that will need to be assessed and optimized. This heat and cold storage system will be built by our European partners and tested afterwards over several months in 4 habitats located on different sites representative of the different European climates.
In collaboration with the other researchers of the laboratory and the partners involved in the Ministor project, the main missions that the research engineer will be in charge of, will consist of :
- Carry out the optimized design of this thermochemical storage device for different integration configurations, assisted or not by a compressor during the heat storage phase.
- Modelling the operation of such a storage device under different operating constraints (winter/summer) in order to optimize its power and energy densities, ...
- Ensure the follow-up of the manufacturing of the device at the industrial partner's site.
- Establish the experimental protocols and carry out the first experimental validation tests of this thermochemical storage at the PROMES laboratory.
- Participate in regular project meetings with the other European project partners and prepare minutes.
The candidate will have :
- a thorough knowledge and a strong experimental expertise of energy systems, in particular thermochemical energy systems and their components (solid/gas reactor; evaporator, condenser, compressor, ...), an extensive knowledge of heat and mass transfer in reactive porous media,
- the mastering of numerical tools and programming techniques for dynamic process simulation (Matlab, Python,...).
- An excellent level in French and English
- Good writing skills and good summarizing skills
- Autonomy, curiosity, ability to work in a team, and motivation to acquire new skills/knowledge
The PROMES laboratory is a research unit attached to the Institute of Engineering and Systems Sciences (INSIS) of the French National Research Center (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, CNRS), and linked by agreement to the University of Perpignan via Domitia (UPVD). The laboratory is located on three sites: Odeillo-Font Romeu (CNRS 1 MW solar furnace), Targassonne (Thémis, 5 MW tower power plant) and Perpignan. PROMES Laboratory runs the laboratory of excellence (Labex) SOLSTICE (SOLAR: Sciences, Technologies, Innovations for Energy Conversion) and is the holder of the Equipex SOCRATE. The PROMES laboratory's research covers a wide variety of fields related to energy and associated materials, and is structured into two main themes: "Materials and extreme conditions" and "Energy conversion, storage and transport". This research extends over a very wide range of scales, from nanomaterials to processes, all relevant to develop new ways for responding to the major challenges of energy (energy control and management, energy efficiency, solar energy recovery, etc.). The research work that will be developed within the framework of the Ministor project fits more particularly into the second thematic research axis of the PROMES laboratory, of which one of the scientific objectives concerns the design of energy processes, based on different components associations and taking into account the thermodynamic constraints, the thermodynamic modelling and analysis of their energy performance, the thermodynamic optimization of these processes under operating constraints, energy density, power density or mass, environmental criteria...For more information, please contact the PROMES laboratory: https://www.promes.cnrs.fr/
Constraints and risks
Short stays are to be expected in France and abroad.
Miscellaneous informations :
Work place: CNRS-PROMES Laboratory in Perpignan
Type of contract: CDD Research Engineer
Duration of contract: 36 months
Expected hiring date: April 1, 2020
Work quota: Full time
Desired educational level: PhD specialized in Engineering Sciences / Thermal Energy Storage
Desired experience: 3-5 years
Remuneration: approximately 2500€ gross
We talk about it on Twitter!