Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR8241-CHRHUR-003
Workplace : TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Wednesday, June 24, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 6 months
Expected date of employment : 14 September 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2437 to 2616€ gross salary / month depending on experience
Desired level of education : Engineer
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Synthesis of peptide complexes of d metal ions (mainly Cu(II)). Characterizations by different spectroscopic techniques of complexes (EPR, UV-Vis, circular dichroism, cyclic voltametry, etc.) and studies of their self-assembly (monitoring of the assembly kinetics) and characterizations of assemblies by microscopy (TEM, AFM, etc.).
-Peptide synthesis on solid support of approx. 15 amino acids (natural or modified) in solid phase
-Synthesis of peptide complexes of transition metal ions
-Spectroscopic, physico-chemical characterizations of synthesized complexes (EPR, NMR, UV-Vis, Fluo, CD, ESI-MS, etc.)
-Thermodynamic characterization of complexes (affinity, selectivity)
-Formation of inorganic peptide aggregates
-Characterizations of aggregates (TEM and AFM microscopies, RX on powder, DLS, etc.)
- Expert in of classical inorganic chemistry synthesis and characterization techniques
- Strong skills in inorganic physico-chemistry in aqueous environments, in particular spectroscopy (EPR, NMR, UV-Vis and fluorescence) and electrochemistry.
- Knowledge of general (Office) and domain-specific IT tools (Origin data processing software, chemdraw, etc.).
- Organisation and management of working time for the execution of experiments within defined deadlines.
- Bibliographical monitoring.
- Ability to work in a team and in autonomy.
- Ability to present results and write reports and articles in English
The work will be mainly carried out at the CNRS Coordination Chemistry Laboratory (UPR 8241) in the «Alzheimer and amyloids» team led by Dr. Christelle Hureau as part of a collaborative ANR involving two other partners. The project will benefit from the team's infrastructure, the host laboratory and the platforms available in Toulouse.
Constraints and risks
Handling of chemicals.
The applicant is asked to send a CV and a cover letter including (if possible) the contact details of two referees.
Responses expected before 15 July 2020.
We talk about it on Twitter!