Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR8001-PETWIE-006
Workplace : TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2648,79€ and 3050€ monthly gross salary, based upon experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
While artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning techniques enjoy sustained interest across a broad range of application domains, current digital computing hardware is known to be inadequate to effectively implement AI, particularly in terms of energy efficiency. New technological breakthroughs at the device level are needed to enable the next AI revolutions with new forms of AI adapted to these technologies. Vertical gate-all-around nanowire field effect transistors, a disruptive technology where LAAS-CNRS is one of the world references, allows a truly 3D layout configuration to continue to scale gate length and benefit from scaling improvements to energy-efficiency. This architecture is a natural extension of current FinFET architectures, where the gate, defined vertically, is totally wrapped around the conduction channel of the transistors, leading to a strong reinforcement of the electrostatic control of the carriers moving through the channel. In the framework of the new European project FVLLMONTI, we aim to develop and study novel non-conventional transistor architecture based on stacked vertical NWFETs to explore high-performance and energy-efficient computing paradigms.
The mission is to develop these stacked transistor architectures based on vertical nanowire arrays in close collaboration with design (INL) and TCAD modelling (GTS) partners. The work, technology-oriented, covers a broad research spectrum from the material to the device level at the forefront of research worldwide and allows the development of a wide knowledge (materials science at the nanoscale, nanofabrication, physical and electrical characterization).
- Design of the technology based on exchanges with TCAD model partner (Global TCAD Solution, Austria) and circuit design expert partner (INL, France)
- Process route development of stacked Vertical Field Effect Transistors, integrating the new process modules.
- Nanofabrication of 3D stacked vertical nanowire transistors technology.
- Structural (SEM, FIB) characterization
- Detailed electrical characterization of the technology from single transistors to logic cells.
- PhD in nanotechnology, nanoelectronics (obtained in the last three years).
- Successful demonstrations of nanofabrication in a clean room environment are mandatory as well as a strong taste of experimental work. Knowledge of e-beam lithography processing is a plus.
- Ability to fluidly write and speak in English language. (international meetings, reporting and exchanges in the framework of the European project, paper writing).
- Good team-work capacity (interactions with other members of the project consortium as well as with technical staff).
With a large number of permanent researchers, engineers and PhD students as well as strong interactions with industry, the LAAS-CNRS is situated at the crossing between scientific research, innovation and applications, where science meets nanotechnology in close connection with society. The LAAS-CNRS possesses one of the most important technological installations dedicated to research in Europe, with an ultra-modern cleanroom of 1600m².
The post doc researcher will be associated to the nano&neuro electronics activities (within MPN team) that have an international recognition in the development of functional nano-devices for nano- and bio-electronics applications. The project will mainly be carried out in the host laboratory in Toulouse, but the student researcher will work in a very stimulating context of international research within the framework of the FVLLMONTI European project. (https://projectnetboard.absiskey.com/website/fvllmonti)
Please provide a CV, a list of publications, a statement of research interest (one page) as well as 2-3 references with telephone number and e-mail.
Candidatures with experience less than 2 years after PhD are preferred but not limited to. Candidates with more experience will be also considered.
Start: September 2021. Possibly fall 2021.
We talk about it on Twitter!