Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR8001-ANNHEM-005
Workplace : TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Friday, April 02, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 July 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2648 and 3768 € gross salary per month, depending on previous experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The contractual researcher will be in charge of the structural and electronic characterization of clusters of defects formed during the elaboration of Germanium-based materials in the framework of the ANR GeSPAD project. This work is part of an approach to improve simulation models of processes of interest in new generation devices. Particular attention will be paid to the study of the formation of clusters of defects in relation to the technological processes, looking at their distribution and understanding their structure and their metastability as well as characterizing them to understand their impact on the electronic operation of the device.
- Simulate the displacement cascades in Ge for different energies using Molecular Dynamics simulation
- Aging of displacement cascades using the Activation Relaxation Technique methodology in its kinetic version
- Study the metastability of aged clusters of defects using DFT calculations and ART/DFT coupling
- Characterize the electronic properties of defect clusters using GW techniques
- Development of a Machine Learning potential for Germanium
- PhD in physics, materials science or nanotechnology
- Strong modeling skills: electronic structure, molecular dynamics
- Ability to write and speak fluently in English (international meetings, reports and exchanges within the project)
- Good teamwork skills (interactions to be expected with other members of the project consortium as well as with technical staff)
With a large number of permanent researchers, engineers and doctoral students as well as strong interactions with industry, LAAS-CNRS is at the crossroads of scientific research, innovation and applications. The LAAS-CNRS has one of the most important technological facilities dedicated to research, with an ultra-modern clean room of 1600 m2 and a characterization platform (1200 m2) which gathers numerous means of characterization of micro and nano-systems in the electrical, microwave, optical and chemical-biological fields. The LAAS-CNRS also has a computing cluster and numerous accesses to national computing mesocenters. The project will take place mainly in the host laboratory in Toulouse integrated in the M3 team, but the researcher will work in a national research context in the framework of the GeSPAD project. The researcher will also benefit from the multiple national and international collaborations that the LAAS-CNRS M3 team currently has.
Please provide a CV, a list of publications, a statement of research interest towards the proposed position as well as the name and address of 2-3 referees
We talk about it on Twitter!