Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR4301-MARPER-031
Workplace : ORLEANS
Date of publication : Monday, June 22, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : € 2,648 gross monthly
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Within the Center for molecular biophysics in Orléans, a position is open in the group “Chemistry, Imaging and Exobiology” (www.cbm.fr). The selected candidate will participate to a project funded by the Maison de la Chimie whose objective is to synthetise and characterize MRI contrast agents for physiological cation detection.
The selected candidate will have 3 main objectives:
- Synthesis of ligands for lanthanide(III) complexation
- Study the physico-chemical properties of the corresponding complexes
- Study the MRI response of the complexes to physiological cations
- Implementation of the experimental plans to carry out this project, in consultation with the manager
- Synthesis of the ligands
- Complexation of the ligands by lanthanide(III)
- Study of the physico-chemical properties of the complexes by NMR, potentiometry and UV-visible spectroscopy in the absence/presence of physiological cations
- Brainstorming on the progress of the project with the other participants, members of the group or collaborators
- Analysis and formatting of the results
- Writing publications
- Presentation of the results obtained in congress
- Expert in organic synthesis
- Good knowledge of NMR
- Knowledge in classical physical-chemistry techniques
- Aptitude for communication, for self-organization, for working in a team but also independently
- Rigor and motivation
- Know how to ensure the traceability of the processed data and the reproducibility of the analyzes carried out
- Ability to disseminate scientific results in writing and orally
- Ability to write scientific articles
Experience in the field of chemistry of contrast agents or coordination chemistry will be appreciated
CBM (UPR 4301) is a CNRS own unit of 140 people where several groups work in synergy at the interface between physics, biology and chemistry. The researcher will be part of the "Metal complexes and MRI" group and will be supervised by the PI of the project. He / She will interact with the other members of the group (3 CNRS researchers, 1 lecturer, 2 research ingeneers, 1 study ingeneer and 2 PhD students). He / She will have access to the high-performance equipment of the team and of the NMR and MRI platforms in CBM.
Constraints and risks
Send a CV, a letter of motivation in line with the proposed theme and 2 reference letters.
Deadline for applications is 11/07/2020
We talk about it on Twitter!