Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR4301-MARPER-026
Workplace : ORLEANS
Date of publication : Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 22 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between € 2,617 and € 3,017 gross monthly depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
At CNRS, within the Center for Molecular Biophysics based in Orléans, the post-doctoral researcher will be part of the "Cellular microenvironment and receptor pharmacology".(www.cbm.fr).In particular, we are working on a transmembrane receptor, highly expressed in brain and that may be consider as a new therapeutic target for the treatment of glioblastomas. The selected candidate will participate in a project, financed by the FEDER (Fonds européen de développement regional). The objective of the project is to identify specific nanobodies targeting a membrane receptor and to characterize them in cellular models and to evaluate their therapeutic interest for the treatment of glioblastomas.
The selected candidate will be in charge of the in vitro cell biology part of the project with 3 main objectives:
- Screening and characterization of nanobodies
- Validation of nanobodies in cellular models
- Optimization of in vivo glioblastoma models and evaluation of the therapeutic potential of nanobodies
• Screening and characterization of nanobodies targeting a membrane receptor using phage display, ELISA, flow cytometry and Alphascreen. This will be conducted thanks to the preliminary results already obtained in the laboratory.
• Pharmacological characterization: study of the effect of nanobodies on cell proliferation, apoptosis
• Evaluation of anti-tumor activity in vivo in mice in models of xenografts or orthotopic tumor transplants (intracerebral injection)
• Analysis of the data obtained.
• Implementation of the experimental plans de carry out the project in consultation with the project manager. This activity may involve interactions with partner teams in Tours (INRA).
• Supervise trainees participating in the project.
• Application and respect rules and procedures
• Expertise in the field of pharmacology
• Ideally with experience on glioma biology
• Knowledge of molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, cell signaling
• Competence for the implementation of neurochemical and behavioral tests in mice.
• Qualification for animal testing (level I) required
• Knowledge of health and safety regulations
• Aptitude for working in a team, organizational ability
•Writing skills for reports and publications
• Ability to communicate and to manage relationships with collaborators
CBM (UPR 4301) is a CNRS own unit of 140 people where several groups work in synergy at the interface between physics, biology and chemistry. The researchers study the molecular mechanisms that sustain life or dysfunctions leading to diseases.
The successful candidate will be part of the "Cellular microenvironment and receptor pharmacology" The team studies cells in the context of their pathophysiological microenvironment to determine relevant and effective in situ biological targets. In particular, we are working on a transmembrane receptor, highly expressed in brain and that may be consider as a new therapeutic target for the treatment of glioblastomas.
The candidate will work under the scientific direction of one of the co-leaders of the group. The postdoctoral researcher will benefit from a stimulating scientific environment, and will have access to state-of-the-art core facilities (cellular imaging and flow cytometry, MRI), located at the CBM.
Send a CV, a letter of motivation in line with the proposed theme and 2 reference letters on the CNRS website: emploi.cnrs.fr
Deadline for applications is december 10, 2019.
We talk about it on Twitter!