Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR4301-MARPER-025
Workplace : ORLEANS
Date of publication : Thursday, November 14, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 23 months
Expected date of employment : 1 February 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between € 2,617 and € 3,017 gross monthly depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Within the Center for molecular biophysics in Orléans, a position is open in the group “Microenvironment and receptor pharmacology (www.cbm.fr). The selected candidate will participate to a project funded by the Fond Européen de Développement Regional (FEDER) whose objective is to identify nanobodies targeting a specific membrane receptor, to characterize their activity in cell models and to evaluate the therapeutic interest for glioblastoma treatments.
The selected candidate will be in charge of the in vitro cell biology part of the project with 3 main objectives:
- Optimization of the in vitro glioblastoma spheroid model
- Study of cancer stem cells
- Study of nanobodies effect in these in vitro models
- Implementation of the experimental plans to carry out this project, in consultation with the manager
- Realization of cell culture experiments: classical cultures, 3D models of more or less complex spheroids, hypoxia cultures
- Characterization of tumor cells, tumor stem cells, endothelial cells by flow cytofluorimetry and fluorescence microscopy
- Realization of molecular and cellular analyzes of relevant markers
- Participation in the reflections on the progress of the project with the other participants, members of the group or collaborators
- Analysis and formatting of the results
- Writing of publications
- Presentations of the results obtained in congress
- Good knowledge of cell biology of cancers
- Knowledge of cell culture technics and of the rules for working in a L2 type tissue culture room
- Knowledge and practice of flow cytometry and fluorescence microscopy
- Aptitude for communication, for self-organization, for working in a team but also independently
- Rigor and motivation
- Know how to ensure the traceability of the processed data and the reproducibility of the analyzes carried out
- Ability to disseminate scientific results in writing and orally
- Ability to write scientific articles
Experience in the field of cancer stem cells and / or spheroids and knowledge of glioblastomas would be appreciated
CBM (UPR 4301) is a CNRS own unit of 140 people where several groups work in synergy at the interface between physics, biology and chemistry. The researcher will be part of the "Cellular microenvironment and receptor pharmacology" group and will be supervised by one of the two co-leaders of this group. He / She will interact with the other members of the group (1 CNRS researcher, 1 MCU, 2 assistant engineers, 3 post-docs, 2 PhD students), especially those involved in the other parts of the project. He / She will have access to the high-performance equipment of the cytometry and cell imaging platform in CBM.
Constraints and risks
Work in L2 tissue culture room
Send a CV, a letter of motivation in line with the proposed theme and 2 reference letters.
Deadline for applications is december 6, 2019
We talk about it on Twitter!