Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR3346-NADMAA-015
Workplace : POITIERS
Date of publication : Friday, November 22, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 February 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : gross monthly salary between 2076 € and 2184 € according to experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The CNRS, at Pprime Institute, in Poitiers, in the Aeroacoustics, Aerodynamics, Turbulence team, based on the campus, under an ANR TACOT (ThermoAcoustic Cooler for Onroad Transportation) contract, is recruiting an Instrumental Design Study Engineer.
The main work will focus on characterizing the performance of a compact thermoacoustic refrigerator. This requires acoustical, thermal and electrical measurements for a variety of working conditions. Experimental results will be compared to results of the numerical simulation, obtained from Delta-EC, for all the working conditions. Based on these comparisons, proposals for upgrading the existing device will be formulated.
In addition, designing a double-acting electroacoustic source that can drive two thermoacoustic cavities will be required. For this purpose, a proposition for a new electroacoustic architecture will be searched and possibly validated using a simple experimental set up.
The recruited person will be in charge of the following activities:
- Acoustical, thermal, electrical measurements on a compact thermoacoustic refrigerator,
- Calculations using DeltaEC,
- Analysis of experimental and numerical results,
- Proposal for a second generation device,
- Design of a double-acting electroacoustic source,
- Communication of results : scientific reports and possibly proceedings and/or journal paper writing.
The candidate must have a MASTER in acoustics / thermoacoustics:
- Have deep knowledge in thermoacoustics, and knowledge in acoustics, thermal science, mechanics, fluid mechanics,
- Have experience in measurements on thermoacoustic devices,
- Know Labview, Matlab, DeltaEC,
- Have a good level in English that enables writing articles and present in international conferences,
- Be aware of security rules while working with pressurized vessels,
- Have knowledge in mechanical design and electroacoustics,
CNRS (Centre national de la recherche scientifique) is the national center of the scientific research in France.
Pprime Institute (P') is a research laboratory specialized in the fields of Physics and Engineering Sciences.
The position is part of the Acoustics - Aerodynamics - Turbulence – 2AT group
Constraints and risks
Short-term travel, in France and abroad, is to be expected.
We talk about it on Twitter!