Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR3251-FRAYVO-002
Workplace : ORSAY
Date of publication : Sunday, December 01, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Gross income between 2700€ - 3800€ depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The successful candidate will take part to LIMSI's activities in the field of neural machine translation. In this context, his/her main mission will be the improvement of neural translation systems for texts written in a technical language or in a particular technical domain.
Two main directions will be considered:
- the situation where dedicated resources are available for the domain of interest (for example, a bilingual lexicon or a terminology); in this context, the aim is to ensure that these resources are properly used by the translation system;
- the situation where documents must be translated in their entirety, which requires to take into account the overall context of the discourse and the dependencies between the various subparts of the document.
For both situations, we will also consider the guarantees and explanations that the machine translation system can provide to the professional translators who will be its main users, and to the overall evaluation of the improvements achieved. This mission will be conducted in the framework of a partnership with an industrial company.
The main activities of the successful candidate will be:
- the development of models and methods for neural machine translation;
- the creation of resources for machine translation in technical domains;
- the development of experimental protocols and evaluation methods for neural machine translation;
- the redaction of technical reports and research articles;
- the participation in workshops or conferences to present this work.
PhD in applied (computational) linguistics, translation studies or computer science, with expertise in automatic language processing or artificial learning (neural methods).
Good knowledge of programming techniques for automatic learning and language processing and of the main tools and frameworks (Python, SciPy, TensorFlow, Pytorch, etc.) Depending on the profile of the person recruited, additional training may be provided.
Ability to work in a team.
Excellent command of written (scientific) and spoken English.
LIMSI is a highly multidisciplinary laboratory renowned in particular for its work covering the entire spectrum of human-machine communication themes (see http://www.limsi.fr).
The department of "Human Language Technology", with its 30 permanent researchers and teacher-researchers, conducts research on all aspects of automatic language processing (ILES group) and speech processing (TLP group); this notably includes information extraction, speech recognition and characterization and machine translation. This research takes place in the context of national and international academic collaborations, or industrial partnerships. LIMSI has many resources at its disposal to conduct this research (software, corpus, calculation clusters, etc.).
We talk about it on Twitter!