Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR3212-PIELUT0-004
Workplace : STRASBOURG
Date of publication : Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 2 August 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Starting at 2109,55 € monthly, before taxes, depending on experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The recruited agent will contribute to fulfill the team's objective in terms of bioinformatic analysis of next-generation sequencing data. The initial 1-year contract is renewable for at least 12 more months.
The agent will be responsible for conducting bioinformatic analyses of next generation sequencing data related to DNA methylation (EM-Sequencing approach) and gene expression (RNA-Sequencing). These data were generated in the context of our work on epigenetic mechanisms of opiates, and their implication in psychiatric disorders (addiction, depression), investigated in the mouse.
This will notably include:
1) Performing quality controls on raw data, and aligning reads on the mouse reference genome;
2) For RNA-Sequencing: counting gene expression and conducting differential expression analysis;
3) For EM-Sequencing: conducting methylation calling at individual cytosines and performing differential methylation analysis.
Then, the agent will conduct integrative analyses and systems biology approaches (using e.g. network theory and tools such as WGCNA).
1) Previous experience in bioinformatics is mandatory (at MSc or PhD level).
2) Previous experience in the use of the progamming languages R or Python is mandatory, as well as general knowledge in biology.
3) Previous experience in the following domains is also recommended: processing and analysis of epigenetic data (notably in relation to DNA methylation); use of a computing center, and workload managers (eg Slurm); use of virtual environments (Conda, venv, etc) and workflow management systems (eg Snakemake).
4) The agent is expected to work independantly and to show strong organizational skills
5) He/She will participate in team work in close collaboration with the Principal Investigator, the PhD student and the Research Engineer that are implicated in the project.
The agent will be part part of the team "Neuroanatomy, pain and psychopathology" at the Institute of Cellular and Integrative Neurosciences (INCI UPR 3212). He/She will integrate the research project entitled "Epigenetic signatures of opiates" conducted in our team thanks to funding from the 'Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR)'. Our institute provides a stimulating, friendly and international environment, with numerous students and researchers coming from all over the world.
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!