Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR3212-PIELUT0-003
Workplace : STRASBOURG
Date of publication : Friday, November 06, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 4 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Starting at 2109,55 € monthly, before taxes, depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The recruited agent will contribute to fulfill the team's objective in terms of bioinformatic analysis of next-generation sequencing data.
The agent will be responsible for conducting bioinformatic analyses of next generation sequencing data related to DNA methylation (EM-Sequencing approach) and gene expression (RNA-Sequencing). His/Her work will notably include:
1) Performing quality controls on raw data, and aligning reads on the mouse reference genome;
2) For RNA-Sequencing: counting gene expression and conducting differential expression analysis;
3) For EM-Sequencing: conducting methylation calling at individual cytosines and performing differential methylation analysis.
1) Previous experience in bioinformatics is recommanded (preferably at PhD level)
2) Knowledge in the processing and the analysis of epigenetic data is also recommanded, notably in relation to DNA methylation
3) The agent is expected to work independantly and to show strong organizational skills
4) He/She will participate in team work in close collaboration with the senior researcher in charge of the project
The agent will be part part of the team "Neuroanatomy, pain and psychopathology" at the Institute of Cellular and Integrative Neurosciences (INCI UPR 3212). He/She will integrate the research project entitled "DNA methylation in Depression" led in our team thanks to funding from the 'Fondation de France'. Our institute provides a stimulating work environment, friendly and international, with numerous students and researchers coming from across the globe.
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!